Energy Food!

Options
So, does anyone know any fruits/veggies that can be eaten raw that give an energy boost? I figured out that if I have to cook to eat during the day, I just won't eat until my husband gets home. Now, with the possibility that I may be pregnant (we aren't sure, and don't wanna get our hopes up) I want to figure out some stuff early on. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Replies

• tinad120
    tinad120 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Apples!
  • Kristin_Burleigh
    Options
    I didn't even think about apples! :D I have a few actually. :)
  • rwalker1173
    rwalker1173 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Apples, grapes, salads (they don't take too long to prep), banana. Personally I like the apples :)
  • anniebonnie
    anniebonnie Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Oranges and carrots tend to energize me quite a bit:O along with nectarines and occasionally sweet bell peppers if they're REALLY good!:)
  • kristothae
    Options
    Almonds, Walnuts, lots of types of nuts. Theyre great for filling you up quick and giving you a boost :) congrats on the potential pregnancy!
  • aperrillioux
    aperrillioux Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I don't know what is going on, but every time I eat an apple, I crash. Pretty soon after. I don't know if my body is getting used to not having sugar, or what, but it's awful. I have an insanely difficult time staying awake at work. For lunch I had chicken and an apple. At two I had grapes, and at 2:30, I was just totally checked out. Any ideas why this could be?