OATS and Sleep?!

Options
Hi, so I recently started eating oats for breakfast... just plain oats boiled in water with some sugar and cinnamon. I'm wondering if anybody eats it for dinner because my mum warned me about eating it in the night. It apparently gives a lot of energy?? I feel no great difference in the morning but I have great problems going to sleep.

Anybody has this problem?

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Hi, so I recently started eating oats for breakfast... just plain oats boiled in water with some sugar and cinnamon. I'm wondering if anybody eats it for dinner because my mum warned me about eating it in the night. It apparently gives a lot of energy?? I feel no great difference in the morning but I have great problems going to sleep.

Anybody has this problem?

:flowerforyou:

Are you asking if the oats you ate int he morning are keeping you from going to sleep or if you should eat it for dinner or not?
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal in the mornings keeps me fuller/more satisfied but don't cause me any sleep disturbance.
  • chocolateluvr80
    chocolateluvr80 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the person. Do you eat right before you go to bed? If not I don't think it should be a problem.
  • robyng1986
    robyng1986 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    no I'm asking if it's eating oats in the night will prevent me from sleeping.
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    It wouldn't keep me from sleeping but you may be different. Try it.
  • MissCassieHughes
    MissCassieHughes Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I think oats is slow releasing energy so leaves you fuller for longer and gives you more energy throughout the day as opposed to other breakfast options. When I've eaten oats at night it hasn't affected sleep but I always wake up starving!
  • robyng1986
    robyng1986 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I will try it... :happy:
  • Crayvn
    Crayvn Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I used to eat a nice healthy serving an hr or so before bed. Never have a problem. Have even switched it up with cereal too. :)