High protein, low sugar dessert recipes please!

Options
ouandi
ouandi Posts: 135 Member
I get serious sweet cravings in the evening and I'm really trying to avoid all the sugar before bed. I'd love some new recipes for delicious dessert with high protein content and low sugar that don't just taste like sugar-free pudding (sorry, I can't pass the stuff off as real!)

Thanks!

Replies

• sonjarogers72
    sonjarogers72 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Go to sparkrecipes.com- you can make your selection of what you want, (low carb, low sugar,etc) and it will find recipes for you
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    yogurt plane or vinella with cut fruit
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    You may want to try South Beach desserts. They're not bad.
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Smart Ones (Weight Wacthers) Strawberry Shortcake is actually very good.
  • dcyr009
    Options
    Thinkthin bars are the best. 0 sugar and high in protein.
  • queenofNoHo
    queenofNoHo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is whole milk ricotta cheese mixed with Splenda or honey, vanilla, cinnamon, and your choice sugar-free flavored syrup (the kind you add to your ice tea or wine spritzer). You can also exchange the syrup with strawberries, blueberries, etc. It is very satisfying, high protein and low sugar.
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    protein ice cream?
    http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2008/08/protein-ice-cream.html

chia pudding?
    I just mix chia with a pre-made protein shake, but you can google other ideas

Greek cheesecake
    Greek yogurt mixed with SF cheesecake pudding mix - I know you said you don't like it, but....

The South Beach and Atkins bars are mighty tasty. I avoid them because of the sugar alcohols, but they are tasty.

Ever tried the Emerald cocoa roast or cinnamon almonds? They taste really sweet to me!
  • ninehours
    ninehours Posts: 41 Member
    Options
  • mrpurdy
    mrpurdy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is whole milk ricotta cheese mixed with Splenda or honey, vanilla, cinnamon, and your choice sugar-free flavored syrup (the kind you add to your ice tea or wine spritzer). You can also exchange the syrup with strawberries, blueberries, etc. It is very satisfying, high protein and low sugar.

I do something similar. Low fat ricotta with Splenda, a teaspoon (or less) of cocoa powder, and a dash of cinnamon, mixed with fresh (or frozen, thawed) berries. One of my favorites!
  • emilynickles
    emilynickles Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    casein protein pudding!
  • mrpurdy
    mrpurdy Posts: 262 Member
    Options

We've also been enjoying this lately. A scoop of protein powder and some skim milk or unsweetened almond milk. We toss it in our ice cream maker, and it's finished within 10 minutes!
  • missfelicia6
    missfelicia6 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    CHOCOLATE CAKE!!!

Ingredients
    Makes 12 Servings

1 (18.25 oz) box moist-style dark chocolate cake mix
    1 (12 oz) can club soda

Directions
    Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 9-inch by 13-inch baking pan with nonstick spray. In a large bowl, whisk cake mix with soda until smooth. Pour into the pan. Bake until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Slice and enjoy!

Nutrition Information
    171 calories
    3.5g fat
    301mg sodium
    34g carbs
    <0.5g fiber
    19g sugars
    1.5g protein

OR....

Freeze a couple of bananas in pieces, run them through a food processor until smooth and creamy.
    Top with a little maple syrup or honey :)

YUM
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    casein protein pudding!

Ooooo... You got a recipe?
  • wendymaci
    wendymaci Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    plain greek fat free yogurt mixed with a scoop of vanilla protein powder. has a similar taste and consistency to cheesecake. I like it topped with berries or sometimes just eat it plain.
  • ox45
    ox45 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My fall favorite is pumpkin whip!

I take:
    One package of sugar/fat free Jello Cheesecake pudding mix
    1 Cup unsweetened almond milk
    1 or 2 Scoop(s) vanilla protein powder (depending on how I want the calorie count to turn out)
    -NOTE- If you do not use protein powder or almond milk, you can just use 1 cup of skim milk. I do this combo to help boost the protein levels.
    I mix these thoroughly and refrigerate for a few minutes until set.
    I then mix in 1 cup of pumpkin puree until well blended and mix in some pumpkin pie spice mix to taste. Then I carefully fold in half a container of Sugar Free whipped topping (Cool Whip).
    Let set in the fridge again for a few minutes. I eat this right out of the bowl, but my fiance loves to dip graham crackers in it.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    casein protein pudding!

Ooooo... You got a recipe?
    Here you go...1 Minute Berry Protein Cheesecake Batter. I usually use unflavored Milk Protein Isolate but had some Berry Whey on hand.

n19vg6.png

33xvml2.png

2ryhrpw.png