"christmas" dinner

Options
my family was out of town over the holidays, so we're having a family "christmas" tomorrow...ugh. just when you think you're past all that food! i have to find the strength to not graze on all of the hours d'oeuvres. and hopefully the dessert is some type of gross bread pudding as i can totally resist that. but if my mom makes cheesecake, i won't be able to say no. my aunt is hosting dinner and she is doing weight watchers, so hopefully she will make some decently healthy foods. i suppose one night of small indulgence won't hurt me.

Replies

• DaveyGravy
    DaveyGravy Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just give yourself the day off? Enjoy yourself and then put the extra work in on the following days? I have learned, through this site and from my own experiences sometimes, that you can't always eat well every single day. Allow yourself to eat that cheesecake but have a smaller piece that everybody else, don't feel guilty and get back into your regular diet the next day!

Everyone is allowed a day off ;)
  • Ashia1317
    Options
    The piece of cheesecake? Split it with someone - that way you can still enjoy it, but not feel so guilty :wink:
  • bekarutt
    bekarutt Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. We are having a "chrismas dinner" for my mother-in-laws b-day tomorrow! everyone makes amazing food. the hardest pat will not to eat the gravy. Its homemade, they use the fat and grease from the cooked Ham to make it. I am going to munch on lots of veggies.

Good luck to the both of us!!!
  • Cassaaaaandra
    Cassaaaaandra Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Give yourself 4 hours of unlimited noshing and eat what you like. Then when the next meal comes around - eat a healthy 300-400 cal meal and be good the following days. One meal will not hurt that much. And it will teach you to eat what you like within reason.
  • EmilyStrick
    Options
    thanks, guys! it's just hard because i just started on mfp and have lost 8 pounds in only a couple weeks (which thrills me to no end), and i just don't want to f anything up before all of this becomes habit. at least i know i have people to help me stay accountable...i might lie to myself, but not to a bunch of strangers...hahaha!!!
  • ACarp24
    Options
    I say eat really healthy for breakfast and lunch, then bring your own little things to snack on so you wont be tempted. For dinner eat the healthiest thing you can find. Don't worry about how many calories, just do the best you can. Since you have only been dieting for a couple of weeks I have to disagree with some of the other people, a cheat day isn't the best thing to do. I have a feeling that if you not only eat unhealthy food for the dinner but the other meals too, you will probably end up eating twice you're daily intake, and at this early stage, you don't want to see your weight go up.