MOTIVATION

Options
i am all for losing weight and i have everything i need, i even started buying the right foods and porortioning myself but what i cant seem to do is motivate myselfd to do my exercises... any advice on how to motivate myself or push myself to do it

Replies

• DexterDarko
    Options
    I feel the same way, but I find if i disregard how I'm feeling and just go and do it I'll start enjoying it midway, and the more you do it the more you get used to it. Endorphins can kick in.
  • MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Use what your emotions as an motivator. If I'm angry and I need to find a way to vent I run for the hell of it and blast my music. There are days I will say to myself that if people could do it I can too I just need to push myself just as much as they do. I also sometimes imagine how good I look when I am to my goal. lol
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I hardly ever feel like exercising but do it anyway. Motivation? Not undoing all my hard work and knowing that I'll be healthier.

I already know what sitting on the couch and eating will do for me.

I agree that 5 minutes into the workout I'm glad I did it.
  • LaylaJo
    LaylaJo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way, but I find if i disregard how I'm feeling and just go and do it I'll start enjoying it midway, and the more you do it the more you get used to it. Endorphins can kick in.

I agree. Sometime I don't feel motivated at all. But I get off my butt and start moving. Once you start you can't stop. Just remember, you can do anything. Your will is very powerful, so forget about all those negative thoughts or feelings. Believe me, I was the same way and guess what? I just started Phase 2 of P90X. I've been doing it consistently. That's a big success for me. So if I can do it, you sure can. ;)
    Good luck!
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Join a group where you have to go in and weigh yourself once a week. I go to TOPS. I didn't like the one in my town so I checked out the neighboring towns. It is almost free. If you are the loser of the month you don't have to pay the $3 a month! They don't tell you what to eat.:flowerforyou: I've lost 1 pound a week since I joined = 32 pounds....
  • kayladhughes
    kayladhughes Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    thanks yall.. i figured it was going to lead to me being my motivation and i need to just stop putting it off!! i bought the supreme 90 workout videos which are like the p90x workout over a month ago and i just cant seem to push myself to do them!! guess i need to just be my own motivation bc i have no family or friends who are supportive!!
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    May sound silly - but just do it. Seriously it is that simple. Get up 30 min earlier and workout, go for a walk at lunch, as soon as you get home put on workout clothes and walk/run/train before dinner!

We all schedule everything in life - exercise should not be any different!!!!
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    thanks yall.. i figured it was going to lead to me being my motivation and i need to just stop putting it off!! i bought the supreme 90 workout videos which are like the p90x workout over a month ago and i just cant seem to push myself to do them!! guess i need to just be my own motivation bc i have no family or friends who are supportive!!

You can do it. Take it easy at first if you need to.
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Take it one day at a time. Just choose that today or tomorrow you will do it. One day. Then do that again. Then again. Then maybe tell yourself you will be consistent for one week. Then two. By the time you get to that point I bet you find yourself enjoying it a bit more. And if you don't? Try something different and start with one day .... rinse, repeat.
  • schell81
    schell81 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I set little goals for myself. The first week my goal was to go for 2 walks. I did 3 of about 3 miles each! The next week was to go for 3 walks, I did 5 of 3-4 miles each! This week my goal was 2 walks and one exercise video. I did a walk monday, video tuesday, took yesterday off so I'm well on my way! That way I don't feel overwhelmed. At work I put a little highlighter mark on the days I exercised and it motivates me to see all those yellow highlighter marks while I'm at my desk job.
  • hipsdontlie1
    hipsdontlie1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Do you go to a gym? Do they have group exercise classes? I started doing zumba, bodypump and step and I feel in love! I think it's important to have fun during your workout and do it in a way that you enjoy! I dreaded going to the gym before because I knew I had to go on an eliptical or treadmill... BORING in my opinion. Hope this helps
  • bkibbs
    bkibbs Posts: 106 Member
    Options