Validation

Options
Sometimes we have to take it where we can get it.... Let me tell you 3 months ago I was a mess. I was depressed. Feeling very down about myself. Unable to look in the mirror. I kept thinking that a quick fix was in the cards for me. My doctor gave me a wake up call. She said IT WON'T BE FAST AND IT HAS TO BE FOREVER! She didn't yell or anything, but it resonated in a way that has never happened for me. I took a look inside and I finally decided I don't want to die. Isn't that a little melodramatic??? Not really considering the road I was traveling. I had some blood work and you guessed it.... my cholestrol is high and my blood sugar was borderline diabetic. That was 3 short months ago, today I went to see my doctor and we took a look at my test results. OMG My sugar dropped 20 points. My cholestrol has dropped 50 points. My good cholestrol has gone up and the bad has gone down... YES!!! I may have only lost about 15lbs since that appointment. Today though I got validation that what I am doing here is WORKING. I am doing this! My motivation and support to share is take the validation where you can get it!!! You can effect change, sometimes you can't see the results in the mirror or on the scale, but don't lose hope there are results even if they hidden in vial of blood. :happy:

Replies

• mmarshall425
    mmarshall425 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Great motivation!! Happy for you!
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    Way to go, great Job :-)
  • SheilaN1976
    SheilaN1976 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    great news! and great job!!!
  • lauras777
    lauras777 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    That is truly great news! Way to change your life!! :flowerforyou:
  • StephieF87
    StephieF87 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Awesome news!!! Keep truckin':happy:
  • Tanimom
    Tanimom Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    How fortunate that the Doc's words resonated with you. Regarding weight loss, truer words were never spoken. Wouldn't it be great if we could all get those tests done as we progress, because we would all see those numbers improve. In the end, it has to be about our health, with all the rest being a major bonus!!
  • kenjancef
    kenjancef Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Super job!!

My motivation is my 5-year-old son. He is VERY active, and with loosing the weight I can keep up with him better.

And validation for me is that now I have to go out and buy a whole new set of clothes... pretty expensive validation though... :)
  • CariBgood
    CariBgood Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Super job!!

My motivation is my 5-year-old son. He is VERY active, and with loosing the weight I can keep up with him better.

And validation for me is that now I have to go out and buy a whole new set of clothes... pretty expensive validation though... :)

I honestly look foward to that expense!!! But that could be the girl in me.:happy:
  • chicadejmu
    chicadejmu Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic. So glad you are seeing great results and drastic health improvements. Keep up the great work!
  • WABeachWalker
    WABeachWalker Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I can relate to your cholesterol/blood sugar issues. I went for a physical in July and blood work revealed cholesterol of 220, fasting blood sugar of 95 (above 97 is considered pre-diabetic), high triglycerides and high LDL. The good news was that my HDL was really great, but dr said that in light of the other numbers I really didn't have a lot to celebrate. She gave me a "diet" on a paper with the goal being to keep daily dietary cholesterol <300 mg.

I went to MFP on a friend's urging and am down 13 pounds from when I initially saw the doctor. She is please that I'm so motivated. I intend to get my bloodwork repeated in January to see if my numbers are more acceptable. I love that I can track my cholesterol, sodium, etc., along with all of the other nutrients. This is practically painless! In addition, I really enjoy encouraging others and having them encourage me on my weight loss journey. Add me, if you'd like. Best wishes for success with your weight loss/fitness goals.
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Great job! That's a nice steady loss for three months and some excellent results in your bloodwork. Keep up the good work.
  • trishp95
    trishp95 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work!!!
  • sandrahulleman
    Options
    Wonderful!!!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story ....... my story is pretty similar ...... 4 years ago I heard the word "diabetes" and it scared the heck out of me ...... enough to finally do something ......

Each day is a new opportunity to take charge of our lives ....... keep on truckin' :flowerforyou: