when asked

cds2327
cds2327 Posts: 439
edited September 20 in Success Stories
this is both a success and a rant.
seriously, does my hubby need to ask if i want jack in the box or taco bell if he picks it up?
I said no, but WTF?!?!

Replies

• LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    MEN.
  • krisloock
    krisloock Posts: 29 Member
    Good for you! I know, very helpful right!?!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Good for you!!! I have recently discovered Taco Bell's 'drive-thru diet' and it's not bad at all for Taco Bell.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    At least he thought of you right???:tongue: Great will power to say no, I would have caved!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    MEN.
    Yeah,,, dam men. I hate men. Just thoughtless pigs, every one of them. Makes me so mad...
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    this is both a success and a rant.
    seriously, does my hubby need to ask if i want jack in the box or taco bell if he picks it up?
    I said no, but WTF?!?!

Ooh, hard choice! I'm a sucker for both. Tell him to give it to me. I will eat it for you :D
  • Jax67
    Jax67 Posts: 323 Member
    MEN.
    Yeah,,, dam men. I hate men. Just thoughtless pigs, every one of them. Makes me so mad...

Bwahahahahaha!! :laugh:

Love it!!
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    He was at least thinking of you... but you might surprise him by the Fresco Crunchy Taco. It really isn't bad in calories.
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    MEN.

lol
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    We men folk just want to fulfill our basic role as hunter / gatherers; To provide for our loved ones.

I've been in this same exact situation with my wife so many times. It's not that she doesn't want the cheeseburger ( or whatever ), it's that she's denying herself that luxury. Deep down, on some primal level, we all really want that cheeseburger. This realization empowers us with a "Nobody is going to deny my wife what she really wants, even if it's herself!" sort of attitude. Then we wind up bringing home a triple fudge sundae or something as a treat because "she deserves it!", and "she looks just fine the way she is!", and thus the cycle of enabling continues.

Also, the last ten times we brought home some tasty, decadent offering, we were most likely rewarded / praised.

Our hearts are in the right place, but our brains can't seem to get around the fact that the most considerate option now is not to offer such temptations in the first place.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Hey, the knife cuts both ways ladys! My wife, who is normally very very nutrition concious, once in a while tries to drag me down into her own personal one day death spirals of pizza, drinks, and general badness.

WOMEN!

:tongue:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Men are hard to train. My wife has worked on me for years, and now I know better. I know what she eats, and what she likes, and I'll even snoop in here and see how many calories she has left for dinner.

I would never ask that question - I would just hit Walmart and KFC, bring home a big juicy grilled chicken breast and a can of beets. Nuke the beets and park 'em on a plate with the birdboob and stand back. (She loves beets,,, I dunno, I don't get it either).

But what do I know,,, I'm just a hairylegged smelly man.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Thank God (really) for you wonderful, hairy legged, smelly men who love their wives that much. The world is a better place when our S.O.s are considerate and supportive of our desires.
  • That's some willpower! I would have picked Taco Bell though...I've never had the other one.

My husband will do that sometimes, only he won't call. He'll just bring home the fixin's for brownies sundaes.....mmmm..........no wonder I've lost weight since he left!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    My husband called after his lunch today and said his fortune cookie said that "ask that special one out" so wanted to know if I'd go out to dinner with him. I caved and said yes - after I work out. I can always get the strawberry grilled chicken walnut salad :love: So cds what are you going to have for dinner?
  • BobbieJo_1977
    BobbieJo_1977 Posts: 197 Member
    Thank you!! I needed the laughs!! I would've said the grilled chicken fingers and a side salad no dressing from Jack in the Box. Or 1 pintos and cheese, and made a salad to go with it. But honestly sometimes I just WANT the dang cheeseburger and milkshake!!! but to get where I want to be I need to die to my selfish desires and go w/ grilled chicken! :happy:
  • workingitout
    workingitout Posts: 105 Member
    I printed off the nutrition facts for Taco Bell and a few other fast food places that I like. I picked out a "go to" meal that I can always choose safely at those places if I end up eating there. A couple of weeks ago we were out of town with my daughter's volleyball team and the team stopped at Taco Bell on the way home. I had a crunchy taco supreme and a pintos n cheese with no sauce and still stayed in my 1200 calories for the day! It was a delicious break, actually.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!