I'm STUCK!

Options
So about 5 weeks ago I "re-began" my weight loss journey, I had legit gained 15lbs in a 3wk period (due to late night binges) & was very un-happy... I weighed in at 249 (YIKES) :sad: when I began, 2wks later I was 246 & happy that I was loosing weight, slowly but surely...
I've been maintaining my eating habits, not eating so much, not as much fast food but also not working out either (I know, I know..its a HUGE part of loosing weight, but I work a 9-5 &have babies at home) BIG FAT EXCUSE, I KNOW!!!
sooo... It had been about 3 weeks since I weighed in (yesterday) I was 248!!! WTW!??? :noway:
I've done everything short of starving myself & going on a vegetable diet.
I sat down yesterday after weighing in (with some McDonalds) and thought & thought about my eating habits. I've ALWAYS been a picky eater (ie veggies) so I stick w starchy veggies.
I called a Nutrionist & I'm now waiting on a refferal from my PCP.
I'm by far a healthy eater, but when I put my mind into loosing weight I can do it. I know I can, I lost 50lbs 2years ago!! what is wrong with me?
:grumble:
But the sad part is... I'm comfy (kind of) in my skin. But my default is of me 50lbs lighter & I looked sooo good, felt good & was happy ... Any tips?

Replies

• katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    You're on the right track, calling a nutritionist and realizing you need to make healthier choices. I raised three kids and was a stay-at-home mom when they were little. I know it's very hard to pop in a workout video or go to the gym. But you can walk. Put the little ones in a stroller or wagon and take long walks everyday. The fresh air is good for the kids, and you are also setting a good example for them by exercising.
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Nikki,

Do you have a Pinterest account? I know it sounds silly but it has a ton of great at home workout information as well as great lowfat meal ideas. I work anywhere between 45 to 60 hours a week and have a little guy so I totally get it. I was at the highest weight I had ever seen (and I come from a tiny skinny family so it was so frustrating), and I was generally happy with my weight until I got around family. I started doing small little things here and there and making more healthy foods and it has really helped.

Karli
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    No, I don't have a pintrest acct, how could I sign up for one?
  • Nikki143
    Options
    You're on the right track, calling a nutritionist and realizing you need to make healthier choices. I raised three kids and was a stay-at-home mom when they were little. I know it's very hard to pop in a workout video or go to the gym. But you can walk. Put the little ones in a stroller or wagon and take long walks everyday. The fresh air is good for the kids, and you are also setting a good example for them by exercising.

Thanks Kate! its always much appreciated to hear from other Mamas!
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Just keep at it. You say you aren't eating 'as much' fast food. Maybe visit that and see what you're eating. You have to change your approach to food, and your lifestyle. If you really want this, you can get it.
  • JayTee146
    JayTee146 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I feel like you've just told my entire story.. I even tried to give myself the extra boost by starting a Biggest Loser Competition at my job and I'm finding it hard since I've moved into my own home like 3 months ago to stay focused... I know what to do.... I'm just having a hard time getting and staying motivated and with my budget not being what It use to be all my favorite foods that costed a little extra are no longer affordable (EXCUSES) ... It's so easy for me to do a hotdog and fries... not that it's super healthy but I guess I was taught to eat until you're "stuffed" and that has gotten me into TONS OF TROUBLE!

I'm taking it a day at a time and I"m also going to get back in the habit of preparing my meals via the slow cooker so I don't come in sniffing and scratching at everything walking LMBO!

You can do it thought :hugs: and like pp said.. since the weather has been so pleasant I've taken lo to the park and we've played.. I've strolled her and an hour later we're going home.. she's hungry and sleep and so am I :)
  • Nikki143
    Options
    JayTee, I feel like we are so similar!!
    I too was taught to eat til I'm stuffed & Now, with my own children, I tell them if they are full its ok to push your plate away. I don't want obese kids, I want to teach them right..
    Thank you All for putting your input(s) in. I truely appreciate them :flowerforyou: