I'm going on my Honeymoon Next week.

Options
Any advice for staying on track while on vacation?
I am flying from LAX to Miami and then NYC.
I finally have gotten really used to being on track, and I don't want this to be an excuse to cheat.

Replies

• dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Do a lot of walking. If you are in NYC walk everywhere- it is nice this time of year. I know you don't want to cheat, but it's your HONEYMOON! Don't go crazy, but have some treats. I wouldn't want to look back on my honeymoon and think "I didn't let myself enjoy anything, I was on a diet".
  • legs_n_bacon
    legs_n_bacon Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    That's so exciting!

I would say go ahead and eat whatever you want, it's your honeymoon! But if you want to stay on track, drink a lot of water, try to order lots of salads and veggies, stay away from fried foods, and watch how much alcohol you drink!

Hope you have a wonderful time!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Do a lot of walking. If you are in NYC walk everywhere- it is nice this time of year. I know you don't want to cheat, but it's your HONEYMOON! Don't go crazy, but have some treats. I wouldn't want to look back on my honeymoon and think "I didn't let myself enjoy anything, I was on a diet".

^This.

A honeymoon is (or should be) a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Don't ruin it by obessessing over calories. Just try to make decent decisions and be moderate. If you are having a high calorie dinner, eat light for lunch and drink plenty of water. Do a lot of walking. Get in some exercise if you can. Enjoy your special time with your new husband!!!
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    That's so exciting!

I would say go ahead and eat whatever you want, it's your honeymoon! But if you want to stay on track, drink a lot of water, try to order lots of salads and veggies, stay away from fried foods, and watch how much alcohol you drink!

Hope you have a wonderful time!

This - plus lots of sexy time = more cals burned :)

Have a great time honey!!!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    My advice? You are on your honeymoon. Don't worry about being on track next week.
  • ktied
    ktied Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    You are on your honeymoon. Just enjoy it. And burn any of those excess calories off in the bedroom =)
  • mamakjknows
    Options
    Agree with everyone above!! Have whatever you want--just in moderation. I am sure that you will burn enough calories for all of us with your extracurricular activities :love:
  • MisterGoodBar
    MisterGoodBar Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    lots of pumpkin seeds, oysters and sex (for cardio, of course). turns out the true purpose of a honeymoon is a great dietary practice. imagine that.
  • LucilleHighball
    LucilleHighball Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. My husband is a chef and total foodie so I am sure we will be going to lots of yummy meals. I am bringing my water bottle with me, and I was thinking while in Miami I could go for a long walk in the morning while he is still sleeping. We are staying on the beach....Plus there will be plenty bedroom acrobatics, I should get a HRM for that....hehe
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Dude! New York City. NEW FREAKING YORK CITY!!!!!

Forget your diet. Eat the incredibly yummy, amazing, incredible, ethnically diverse food that you will possibly never have another chance to try ever again.

All you're going to do all day every day (between honeymoon sex sessions, of course) is walk. Everywhere. Miles and miles and miles and miles. So enjoy yourself.
  • zamouzi
    Options
    I agree with what everyone has said, so I'll give you the one piece of advice I'm not seeing here: have a specific, concrete plan in place for the first day you're home. Seriously, plan out when you'll get groceries, what you'll eat and what kind of exercise you'll do and when. Immediately returning to 'on track' upon your return will be the best thing you can do for yourself.

Have an amazing time! :)