Planet fitness!!! After 1 year...im loving it!!! How bout u?

Options
BEERRUNNER
BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
Whats shakin MFP!?!?!?! Indeed after almost a year of working out at Planet Fitness I gotta say I like it!!! I was very skeptical at first since there wa no benches and the free weight selection is very limited. But I have adapted and its great.
Love the fact I NEVER have waited for A treadmill!!
The Eye candy is awesome (at least at Elmwood park PF):bigsmile:
The washrooms are clean!
TV's galore! bring your headphones babycakes!!!

Go on tell this big brown man what you think of PF!!?!?!?!?

Replies

• yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    I kept getting lunk alarms.

For putting down 25 lbs dumbbells. FOR THE LOVE....!

So I joined a real gym :flowerforyou:
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    ive heard lots of bad stories but never heard no benches? u mean no benches for bench press?

and there are no squat racks and no deadlifting right?

if so thats leaving a lot of the best lifts on the table.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've never been to one, but from what I've heard I wouldn't be a fan of the place (considering my favorite exercises are heavy barbell squats and deadlifts).

I just think it's funny that they call it a "judgement free zone" yet they have a freakin' ALARM to humiliate people who aren't conforming to their preferred types of exercise.

If it works for you though, then good! To each his or her own.
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I used to go but realized I needed more free weights and I'm tipping over the boat with YO ANDI!!!! I got lunked alarm too haha
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    I did forget to mention....I have a bench at home :bigsmile:
    I pound that thing once a week!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I just joined Club Metro and I love that I never have to wait for a treadmill or bike. And I rarely wait for a machine and if I do, its only for a minute or 2. And this place is spotless! I have no qualms about using the showers, although I think I might be the only one that does...they are always clean and dry. Everyone cleans off the machines after they use them with anti bacterial wipes, too. There are a couple ripped guys that work there but most everyone else is female....and I am the heaviest one, of course. :D I hope that changes as the months go by.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    I used to go but realized I needed more free weights and I'm tipping over the boat with YO ANDI!!!! I got lunked alarm too haha

We're just too much to handle for those dopes hahahahahaha
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    went there twice with friends that had memberships... had to wait to use the bikes and stair-masters, the circuit training room is a joke, and i kept getting lunk alarms for putting things down too loud. needless to say, i didn't get a membership and i'm glad i didn't waste my money. i refuse to support a business that doesn't support heavy lifting.
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    I do have to admit I have been lunked alarmed like 5 times. But its all good! I just smile and keep hitting it!:bigsmile:
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I like it when I can get there. Ugh.. this last year has been a pita as far as getting there.
    serious hip joint problems, being sick, or recovering from being sick. sick right now. :grumble:
  • RonnieBigGunz
    Options
    I hated it. No squats or deadlifts. No dumbbells over 80lbs. Crowded. I like my garage better.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I've never been, but I wouldn't like it. From what I have heard you can't make noise when lifting, and the free weights section is a joke. Up to 60 lbs or so, I am almost needing more than that already.

I guess it's good if you like alot of cardio, but not the environment I would want.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    I hated it. No squats or deadlifts. No dumbbells over 80lbs. Crowded. I like my garage better.

nothing over 80? obviously they dont want anyone who is serious about lifting.
  • nharder1
    nharder1 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have been to PF since August and I absolutely love it! Now I personally never been "lunk alarmed" and I haven't seen the alarm go off at my location. But the again, the one I go to, is primarily run by teenagers. I love the atmosphere there. I do the 30 minute circuit and that sometimes gets a little busy, but other than that, I use the same treadmill every day and have yet to have to wait. The locker rooms are very private, as well as the shower area. I recently went to another PF outside of my franchise and I was highly disappointed. I don't think that all PF's use the same machinery or treadmills. The one I recently went to, had completely different machines in the 30 minute circuit and the treadmills were completely different. The programs on the treadmills were completely different as well. Their locker room was not as private; there was not a separate changing area outside of the shower, you had to literally dart across the locker room! And the tanning beds were stand up and they are soooo tiny! So I think it all depends on the franchise and the location. But I love it, I can go for a run and watch my favorite TV shows. It has definitely helped me remain active. The eye candy, is yes, amazing at times, and blinding at times. lol :)
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    Hmmm...I guess it depends on the Planet Fitness you go to??? I LOVE mine!!! It's huge! I never wait for a machine - well, unless it's January 2nd, of course, but I think it's like that at any gym ;) - and their free weight section is HUGE! It takes up the entire front half of the gym - and has benches and squat racks! It's always super clean and NO ONE bothers you - which I love! I was at a gym once where I was hounded by trainers all the freaking time! Back off, peeps - I got this! Seriously one of the things I love about Planet Fitness the most!!! Well, that and the whole $20/month for the gym, unlimited tanning, and unlimited guest passes for my boyfriend :)
  • nharder1
    nharder1 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I second that! No one bothers you, except the creeping gawking old guys! lol, but yes the unlimited access to amenities is wonderful!
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    I tend to agree with the 2 ladies above me!!...whats shakin ladies!?!?!:bigsmile:
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I go to Planet Fitness on the westside of Jacksonville, FL & I totally love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Joining up at Planet Fitness was one of the best moves I ever made. It is a surpurb place to go and get a great workout at. There are always plenty of clean equipment to go around. I would never want to go to a diff gym. I'm totally happy there. No one judges you either. Everyone is accepted too. It's soooooooooooo nice. There is great, helpful staff there too. I really miss Planet Fitness on the days in between when I'm resting and can't wait to get back in there the next day.
    Amy
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I freakin love the Planet!!!! I'd go there everyday if I didn't have a life :laugh:
  • mnelson002
    mnelson002 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just joined the St. Augustine FL PF a few weeks ago and loving it so far! The staff seems cool and I have yet to see it over crowded. Also my GF and I just moved here from Seattle so anyone local hit me up!!