Ah... single size clothing.. how I've missed you..

Options
I've been eyeing these size 8 pants in my closet for quite awhile now.. I tried them on after almost every single pound I lost, and although I got closer and closer to getting them on, they still did not fit.

I had a small loss this morning, so I tried them again.. and they fit!! And not in the, "I had to suck in really, really hard and have a major muffin top hanging over because I actually got them buttoned" kind of fit. They FIT. I did not have to jump up and down to get them over my hips, no sucking in required. I put them on, and zipped them right up.

I never really knew something like this would be so exciting :) Next goal on the list.. back into a 6!

Anyone else have stories to share??

Replies

• TheTrimTim
    TheTrimTim Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Excellent! I'm so pleased for you.

I don't really have a story to share but I did manage to go from a 36" to 32" waist from around Apr12 to Jul12and since then have been maintaining it, so I'm pretty pleased too.
  • yelsha93
    yelsha93 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Well done! I know the feeling as I had the same experience with a jumper a few days ago!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/745168-so-the-jumper-finally-fits-pic
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Marvellous job! I have my size 8's hanging on the radiator in the bedroom so they are the first thing I see when I wake and the last thing I see at night. They are my goal, I dont care much for the weight as long as I get my butt in them!
  • MurphysLawTD
    MurphysLawTD Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    It's a great feeling!!! I'm house sitting for my mom this week and I packed clothes for work and such. One of the pair of pants I grabbed was waaayy too big, like I couldn't even wear a belt, and everything was in the wash! Anyway, there is a drawer of jeans I left when I moved out last year b/c they didn't fit me in the least, and THANK GOD they were all still there b/c I was able to easily get into a size 6 pair of dark, skinny jeans I could get away with at my office.

SUCCESS!!!! :wink:
  • Brunchstress
    Options
    I wore a beautiful dress to my work holiday party in 2000. It was cutting edge then, so it's really still quite in style - silk with a asymmetrical velvet accent at the waist, strapless on one side with a thick shoulder strap on the other. I have been trying to zip that sucker up for 4 years now... even lost weight to try to wear it to my 20 year high school reunion last year. Guess what?! I'm wearing it to my 12 year anniversary dinner with my husband this weekend. It's stunning...looks better than ever. Yay!

Congrats to all of us for getting healthy and fit! :)
  • HealthylivingTIG
    HealthylivingTIG Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Congrats to you. I can't wait to have that feeling. Good luck with getting down to a 6.

I am currently a size 8.. but over the last year Ive been a snug to tight size 8. Shameful. Anyway, since the end of August, I have been busting my butt. I have lost 8lbs and on my way to back to being a comfortable size 8.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!