Zumba beginner here - anybody else look ridiculous?

Options
So I started Zumba a few days ago after buying the DVD set. Does anybody else feel SO incredibly uncoordinated? Especially using the shaker things!! My hands and feet somehow can't do two things at once.

I thought I had some rhythm until I started this workout. But now? Not so much.

Replies

• NYAnnie33
    NYAnnie33 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    It takes some time to get into the groove but once you do it will get easier! First time I tried I thought I had two left feet! Great workout and you'll torch tons of cals! Good luck!
  • jbaker436
    jbaker436 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I've tried the class (about a year ago) and last night tried doing it with the DVD and felt so uncoordinated. Part of me would like to give up on it and go back to regular gym exercise but it seems like so much fun and I love the music. Have you had a chance to try it some more? Did it help?
  • fitanndfab
    Options
    It is fun! Don't give up. I enjoy the group exercise class. Keep with it!!
  • fitanndfab
    Options
    It is fun! Don't give up. I enjoy the group exercise class. Keep with it!!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    lyz3f21849.jpg
  • logansmom1995
    Options
    I have been taking a "live" Zumba class for 9 weeks now. It takes some time to get used to & I still mess up especially with the new stuff. But, it is so much fun & I have lost 9lbs & a whole lot of inches. I love it. Just stick with it, you will get the hang of it!
  • jzaz903
    jzaz903 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    lyz3f21849.jpg

This!
    I think I have more fun when I look like an idiot. You don't want to see me Zumba :)
  • anzi888
    anzi888 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I did zumba class last night and the instructor actually said that if you don't feel ready to do the whole thing, concentrate on doing the legs because that's where you burn the most calories and then gradualy add the arms. Hope it helps :)
  • bngreen93
    Options
    Yes I totally look like a complete uncordinated fool! I tried zumba for the first time like 2 weeks ago... I felt lost. I was in a huge room with about 200 other people. It was hard to see the dance instructor but they would change so quick and strangly it was like I couldn't dance at all! But I did sweat alot. I dont think zumba is for me.... Maybe just a first bad experience
  • vrutwind
    Options
    I'm a pretty bad dancer so I always look ridiculous, whether I'm doing it at home or in a class. But at least I'm having fun while looking stupid!
  • VitaBailey
    VitaBailey Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Do it! Look ridiculous and have a blast!
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I look like a goof but its so much fun and burns a ton of calories :)
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Everybody looks ridiculous doing Zumba. Don't let that stop you if you enjoy it!
  • glamouritz64
    glamouritz64 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    That's exactly why I do it in the privacy of my own home. So...who gives a damn if I look ridiculous! And, I am ADDICTED!!! GREEEEEAAAAAATTTT workout!