Victorious Victoria Day Challenge. . .Victoria Day Edition!

Options
Well, my goodness, we made it.

Any ideas for the next challenge deadline? There's already a fourth of July thing going. What if we just called it a "two month challenge" or something? That way we could have an eight week program of goals?

Just suggesting. . . any other ideas?

Just finished my BL power sculpt. I'm eager to hear your report on the 30 day shred, Julie. I've based my last two purchases on your recommendations, so our tastes seem to be pretty similar. I think we both like to work hard and not be bored. . .

Vicky, I hope your dog continues to do well. . .establishing a new routine is really hard.

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Well, my goodness, we made it.

Any ideas for the next challenge deadline? There's already a fourth of July thing going. What if we just called it a "two month challenge" or something? That way we could have an eight week program of goals?

Just suggesting. . . any other ideas?

Just finished my BL power sculpt. I'm eager to hear your report on the 30 day shred, Julie. I've based my last two purchases on your recommendations, so our tastes seem to be pretty similar. I think we both like to work hard and not be bored. . .

Vicky, I hope your dog continues to do well. . .establishing a new routine is really hard.
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Vivia I sure will. I'm expecting it to get here in the next couple of days.

I'm open to whatever our next challenge is. I've come to :heart: my new friends and I'm positive that being held accountable for my "lifestyle change" has reaped many benefits for me!

I am very happy to say that I not only achieved my goal for this challenge, but have exceeded it! I had decided to be realistic and set my goal to lose 8 pounds over the 8 week challenge. As of this morning, I have lost 13 pounds and 12 inches:drinker:

I seem to have set a pattern. I stay steady for two weeks-eating well and exercising every day. Then the weekend comes and I admit to being less than rigid in my eating but still stay active. Over the past six weeks I stay at the same weight (give or take) for two weeks and then weigh on Mondays. At the end of those two weeks I have a three pound loss-three times-exactly three pounds. I'm not saying that not watching what I eat is doing it-but I now believe that shocking my body by eating "out of the norm" for a day or so works.

2 month challenge works for me-my family will be here for vacation 8 weeks from today-July 14 so I'm eager to really pour it on and get in the best shape I can before they get here.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Hi All! Congrats on making it here!

Julie, that is spectacular news!! So happy for you!! Well done.

I'd love to keep going. The support I found with you ladies, and the commitment to posting daily about the good, the bad and the hungry has really helped me this last go-round.

I LOST TEN POUNDS!!!!

What about if we go for Bastille Day -- July 14? Or August 1?

I'm on my "easy week" of exercise cycling. My goals for the next round are:
    * Exercise Cycling for June (alternating easy week (burn 500 cal or less)/ hard week (burn 750+)
    * Staying within calories on easy weeks
    * Getting my cardio up so that I can make it through the power classes at the gym
    * Make swimming or water aerobics a regular part of my workout routine
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    I love the Bastille Day idea! We can continue to have non-American holidays in order to distinguish ourselves from other challenges.. .

Now, if I can just remember the words to the Marseille. . .
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Julie, way to go girl! I still want to be a part of this group so I'm going to do my hour of walking a day, I need the "peer pressure" lol, otherwise I just want to sit all the time. I will also include gardening now that the weather is going to permit it. Let me know what name you all pick for it so I know what to look up. If it is eight weekes I will be conservative and say 8 lbs, that would get me to 154 and I could be happy with that. Losing a little at a time seems to work for me. I feel like I've been plateaued forever at 160 now I'm up to 162 so I need a little more motivation.

Wanderinglight congrats to you too, do a happy dance!

Vivia, whats the best dvd exercise that you'd recommend to someone who is just starting up again, you know treat me like I'm just a beginner looking to tone up?
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    :drinker: hooray for all of you! Way to go!

I did my lower body plus the bike this morning. I am starting over. No more excuses, no more re- anything. Today is a new day. Today starts a new challenge.
    1. 8-waters (been slipping here)
    2. more sex per my husband! What the heck, sounds like a good challenge to me!
    3. 145 lbs
    4. at least 1 salad/day
    5. NO fried foods (been slipping here too much)

Can we go for something a bit closer? More than 4-5 weeks really lets me slip. I need to be held accountable more frequently. What about a Father's Day Challenge (4 weeks)?
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    What if we just did a challenge until June 20th?

I usually re-assess after a month anyway. . .

Now we just need a name for it. . .
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    June 20 works for me and call it what you will just as long as I know what thread to look for:bigsmile:
  • wanderinglight
    Options
    JUNE 20 works for me -- I don't see myself jumping off this train any time soon. It will give me a good chance to assess what four weeks of exercise cycling will do for me.

Just wanted to say THANKS for so much support along the way. I'm so glad I found you guys!

How 'bout we call it THE JUNE 20 JUMPSTART?

Wheeeeeee!

Tomorrow I suggest we all outline our goals one more time, so there are there in black and white.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I can't believe Victoria Day came so fast! I am in on the new challenge. I haven't posted everyday but I am still exercising! I'm trying to get back into logging my food again too. Things haven't really settled down in my house yet but I am learning to juggle things so I have more time to get on this site. I am really enjoying the fitness challenge so we need to keep it up. I'm good for whatever date you all set!
    Melissa
    PS kjllose you look great! Way to go!
  • chrissy8382015
    Options
    hey thereeveryone. i am new to the chalenge thing and kind of new to MFP. This chalenge thing sounds fun, What kinds of goels do you make? I haven't had much of an acountabilty thing before, I did what I wanted when I wanted. That didn't work so hot. I can use all the help I can get. lol Thanx Chris
  • wanderinglight
    Options
    Hi Christine! Join us! You'll come to love the support that is here on MFP. I know I do.

We've basically all set different types of goals, and then we check in each day and report what we've done for exercise, what we plan to do that day, or even just how we're feeling.

For example, during this challenge (for the next four weeks) I want to:

~ Alternate one week of heavy exercise (burning 750+ calories) with one week of light (burning 500 or less) to see if this will jumpstart some weight loss for me
    ~ Take my vitamins
    ~ Stretch in the mornings before I check my email
    ~ Eat slowly and mindfully and at my table instead of in front of the TV

My goal is to lose eight pounds.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone - from Florida. Had to read the victoria day challenge since I left. Sounds like everyone is doing well. I hope everyone will join us again. Beach tomorrow!
  • chrissy8382015
    Options
    Alternate one week of heavy exercise (burning 750+ calories) with one week of light (burning 500 or less)

Do you mean 750 a day or for the whole week? This Sounds like fun I guess I have things to think about. Are we working towards a big event that we will do on June 20? Like working to do 10 -15-25km or something?