Hello 21 in college and trying to shed 30lbs

Options
Hi I am 21 in college and trying to lose 30 lbs. I was 30 lbs lighter 3 years ago, but due to depression, a nasty binging habit(3-5x a week), and a sedentary lifestyle I have gained quite a bit. I am tracking my calories to lose a pound a week(about 1600 calories I am 5'9 and 165lbs), but I have binged 3 times this past month and I figured I need to join a message board. I have been binge free since saturday 9/15/12 and I am trying to remain that way.

Replies

• jenshoeee
    jenshoeee Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My tip for you is to increase your protein/ water intake! You'll feel more full and won't feel the need to eat so much. It's worked pretty well for me so far. Good luck!
  • StrawberryCraze91
    Options
    Thanks for the tip, I am trying to follow a lowerish carb(about 50-120g a day) diet, I am now getting about 100-122g of protein daily do I will try to up it by a few grams and add a few more cups of water. I have been binge free since 9/15/12 and the longest I have gone without binging these past few years is 20 days, so I am trying to go as long as I can. My habits have been feast or famine these past few years, I will eat really strict and clean for a few days, then pig out the next few. My goal is to establish a more balanced eating pattern, so I have not been too strict with my carbs or calories(losing 1lb/week is good at the moment, because I need to recover fully from the bingeing and depression, and restrictive diets only contributed to it).
  • collegecourt2012
    Options
    Hey! I am in my freshman year of college and looking to lose 30 pounds rather than gain the "Freshman 15!" If you and whoever else wants to add me, go ahead! I'm always looking for more inspiration from friends!
  • HeyKatelon
    Options
    I'm 21 and in college too! I struggle with binging, too. Lately, things haven't been too bad, so hopefully I'm moving in the right direction!