I wish drinking pop was my problem.....

Options
I get so down on myself when people say, all they did to lose weight was stop drinking pop. I don't drink pop and have always had water when given the choice but I gain weight like a banshee.
I just started myfitnesspal on Saturday and hoping it will help me lose weight.
My weight problem is that I’m allergic to Wheat, Dairy, Eggs, Gluten and when I eat those things I plump up! For Example 3 weeks ago I went on a high protein diet low carb and was eating 5 eggs per day, and raw milk, raw cheeses, healthy fats and carbs. I was hoping that it wouldn’t affect me because I was eating less than 100 grams of healthy carbs. I gained 10 lbs in 2 weeks, not all of it was fat, but my rings didn’t fit on my fingers and I felt bloated all the time from not being able to digest. Basically I’m a mess and as a former athlete I know what to do, and which foods to eat is just frustrating that I can’t eat power foods, like eggs, milk, and if I do I gain 1-3 lbs per day if I cheat.
So far so good keeping my calories under 1900 calories. Current weight 230 goal weight 200. Wish me luck!

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Why would you eat things you know you're allergic to?! Stop that. Don't destroy your body just to lose weight. Be nice to your body - eat healthy things you aren't allergic to and you'll probably be a lot more successful (and your body will be a lot happier!). You can do this! There's more than one way to lose weight, you just have to find what works for you. Good luck!
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Honey, five eggs a day is LOADS of calories!!!!!!!

I think one of your problems is you don't really know enough about food. I see this a lot with my friends who do the Paleo "diet"....they think they are eating good fats so they just eat loads without considering how many calories they are putting in their bodies. Even if you are eating "good"things.........too much is too much!!!! I'd gain 10lbs in a week if I ate like you do!!!!

You were probably bloated because you had too much fat and sodium in your diet. Have you had a doctor tell you you are allergic to those things? Or do you just eat like that and assume it because you get fat???? Because...that doesn't sound like an allergy, it sounds like too many calories to me.

You can totally have milk and eggs. I have 1 egg a day, usually, or about a half cup of egg whites. I eat lots of fish and chicken and I get my protein. Milk and yogurt are awesome for protein too, but you don't have to eat too much of them to get the protein benefit.

I really think you need to think about focusing on calories first and making some diet goals within that calorie goal. That will be a great start to help you not go overboard with things like five eggs in a day.
  • savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Honey, five eggs a day is LOADS of calories!!!!!!!

I think one of your problems is you don't really know enough about food. I see this a lot with my friends who do the Paleo "diet"....they think they are eating good fats so they just eat loads without considering how many calories they are putting in their bodies. Even if you are eating "good"things.........too much is too much!!!! I'd gain 10lbs in a week if I ate like you do!!!!

You were probably bloated because you had too much fat and sodium in your diet. Have you had a doctor tell you you are allergic to those things? Or do you just eat like that and assume it because you get fat???? Because...that doesn't sound like an allergy, it sounds like too many calories to me.

You can totally have milk and eggs. I have 1 egg a day, usually, or about a half cup of egg whites. I eat lots of fish and chicken and I get my protein. Milk and yogurt are awesome for protein too, but you don't have to eat too much of them to get the protein benefit.

I really think you need to think about focusing on calories first and making some diet goals within that calorie goal. That will be a great start to help you not go overboard with things like five eggs in a day.

Lol since when is 350 calories LOADS....wow common

There is NOTHING wrong with 5 eggs a day...unless your alergic of course
  • emarty29
    emarty29 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've had a doctor tell me that I'm allergic to all those foods and it causes inflammation, so I do my best to stay away from those foods. I'm really liking this site, and I'm focusing on calories and have lost 3.6 lbs since Saturday. It's amazing how much food a person can actually eat, yet still reducing calories!!