TOPIC: GUNS ARE GREAT

Options
I own guns. I love guns. Why someone who is upset by the topic of gun ownership would decide to enter a forum chat that is titled "TOPIC: GUNS ARE GREAT" and then proceed to say gun owners are crazy/stupid/terrifying/whatever is beyond me... but I bet they will! LOL

It scares me to see that there are so many people out there that think guns should be illegal. That'd be just wonderful (sarcasm)... That would mean that I - a highly educated & capable woman who has never gotten so much as a speeding ticket - can't own a gun but Joe Blow - the lovely criminal who likes to commit a variety of unprovoked hate crimes - will sure as hell have one!

Replies

• lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I love you!

If I see a post about something I clearly dislike or have no interest in, I avoid it. I don't understand these people who feel the need to post their alternate opinion on a subject and add nothing to the content of the post. It's like those morons who just have to talk to hear their own voice but really add nothing to the conversation.
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    Options
    I like guns too, clay pigeon (shotgun) is my personal favourite.
    Carrying a gun in a public place unless your are police/military should be a criminal offence everywhere :)
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I was hoping to see some flexed biceps.
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    This is such an american topic hahaha.

GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS BOOM BOOM BOOM WE DON"T LIKE LISTENING WE LIGHT BLOWING THINGS UP.

=D!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    <-- has
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    And you've just summed up why I think the current gun control laws in Canada are completely wrong headed.

We've always required licensing for handguns (not that the bad guys will apply for one) but when I was growing up anyone over the age of 16 could walk into their local sporting goods store and buy a rifle or shotgun. I'm old enough to remember when war surplus Lee Enfields (and M1s in the USA) were practically given away (now they're "vintage" and collectible) and the streets were hardly rivers of blood.

I think those so worried about firearms need only look to the Swiss. Practically every household has fully automatic military firearm (required for compulsory military service) and when military service is finished they ave the option of keeping their firearm (converted to semi-automatic) and the Swiss have one of the lowest murder rates in the developed world. It's all about education and attitudes not a piece of hardware.

At one point in my working life I was licensed to carry concealed (for work purposes only) and even then the paperwork to get a handgun license for sport shooting was daunting.
  • gregmiddag
    gregmiddag Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Agreed! I am going clay shooting this weekend. Need to hit the range again soon. I think all law abiding level headed citizens should get the training and conealed carry. I got my concealed carry licensed a few years ago and wife got hers last year. Still working on training her so she does not carry yet. Great hobby to :)
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I was hoping to see some flexed biceps.

Damn, so it wasn't just me.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I hate guns and violence of any kind, but I can see your point of view. I tend to be extremely liberal about 99% of things, but this is something I'm neutral on. I can see both sides.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I like guns, I do not care if someone does not like guns. It is my preference and paper targets FEAR ME!

In North Caroline, we have the same asinine permits for handguns but long guns are a free for all.
This discussion has been closed.