binge day

Options
i had a binge day today so my question is is this good for the metabolism? or will i gain weight from just one day off eating alot or too many calories? someone please tell me this was ok to do i had no choice i was absolutely starving and my weigh in day is tomrrow and dont want it affected thanks :flowerforyou:

Replies

• MrBinkerton
    Options
    I think its def ok!!! Did you eat something unhealthy? How many calories did you consume? etc....
  • jquintinjr
    Options
    it will effect your weigh in. but in the long run its actually good for you. it confuses your metabolism and gives you nutrients you may have lost by cutting certain foods. it will effect your weigh in cuz all that food will not pass by weigh time. my advice is drink as much water as you can and add fiber to your diet. maybe eat a fiber wafer. i=in combination with lots of water and fiber it will help you move things along
  • samueleketorp
    samueleketorp Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Shouldn't affect it as long as you aren't in starvation. Just don't make a habbit out of it and you're ok.
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    I thought you were trying to gain weight? At least thats what I thought you had said on a board before... in answer to your question, some people believe in shocking their body with huge meals to try and jump start their metabolism, works for some, doesn't work for others... good luck either way :smile: Oh and remember it takes 3500 calories to gain a pound so I'm sure you couldn't have done THAT much damage in one day :smile:

~Leash :heart:
  • EmilyStrick
    Options
    Oh and remember it takes 3500 calories to gain a pound

Really??? that is good to know!!!
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Oh and remember it takes 3500 calories to gain a pound

Really??? that is good to know!!!

YUP really! :smile:
  • ccdo
    ccdo Posts: 217
    Options
    thanks so so much everyone i ate fibre and i consumed 700 calories extra ive gained the weight its just bout maintinaing at this stage dont wanna gain anymore or go above the weight i am now i wont do this often ill go back to my normal habits again tomorrow thanks everyone :flowerforyou:
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I dunno, I think it depends on each person's body. I had a cheat day last week, but I still exercised and the stuff that I went over on my calories with was all healthy - I was in cashew-chewing mode all evening - and I still lost weight last week.
  • MrBinkerton
    Options
    700 calories- I definetely would not worry at all. I think your ok. Just drink lots of water. Like the others say, it takes 3,500 calories to gain a pound. You will be just fine. You said you ate fiber? What types of foods did you binge on or how did you get to 700 calories with eating fiber?
  • ccdo
    Options
    thanks u :flowerforyou:
  • ccdo
    Options
    700 calories- I definetely would not worry at all. I think your ok. Just drink lots of water. Like the others say, it takes 3,500 calories to gain a pound. You will be just fine. You said you ate fiber? What types of foods did you binge on or how did you get to 700 calories with eating fiber?

i ate cornflakes with milk which contain fibre. i ate popcorn to add to the binge a croissant bread and brown bread and koka noodles and that came to a total of 738 calories :smile:
  • breckmc
    Options
    I'm gonna have one today myself. But it's gonna be too many drinks at happy hour. Oh, well. I figure I workout and eat right 90 percent of the time so I can go out once a month and have some fun.

Your binge sounded a lot more healthy than mine.
  • ccdo
    Options
    I'm gonna have one today myself. But it's gonna be too many drinks at happy hour. Oh, well. I figure I workout and eat right 90 percent of the time so I can go out once a month and have some fun.

Your binge sounded a lot more healthy than mine.

thanks good luck to you too sweetie :flowerforyou:
  • mlove1307
    Options
    Also remember, MFP already has ppl trying to lose weight set at a deficit of calories. I'm trying to lose 1.5lbs a week, so every day, they take away 700 calories that I COULD eat to MAINTAIN... So for me, and others, a 700 calorie binge means you don't lose weight the next day.... and maybe you even gain some because of the food weight and water retention!
  • ccdo
    Options
    Also remember, MFP already has ppl trying to lose weight set at a deficit of calories. I'm trying to lose 1.5lbs a week, so every day, they take away 700 calories that I COULD eat to MAINTAIN... So for me, and others, a 700 calorie binge means you don't lose weight the next day.... and maybe you even gain some because of the food weight and water retention!

makes alot of sense to me now thanks i only gained .5 of a lb so thats not too bad :flowerforyou: