Healthy Snacking Ideas?

Options
Hey everyone : )
ive started to plan my meals the day before, because otherwise i know il just snack on unhealthy foods all day long. my question is, does anybody have any ideas for low fat, healthy snacks to eat? so far, tomorrow im eating:

golden nuggets cereal with semi skimmed milk

wholegrain roll with philly spread, wafer thin chicken and bbq sauce
quavers
curly wurly
granny smith apple

heinz chicken soup
2 x cheese and ham loaded potato skins

this comes to just over 1000 calories, which means i have up to 600 left...i cant have nuts, and i cant eat any fruit or veg apart from green apples, so any ideas on healthy snacks would be much appreciated : )

thank you!

Replies

• TwentyTen
    Options
    No fruits or veggies? That's tough. I like low fat cheese, satisfies the tummy, and hummus too !
  • kingking
    kingking Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Roasted broccoli.

Take a large mixing bowl full of broccoli florets, toss them with a few tablespoons olive oil, a tablespoon of salt, and a half tablespoon sugar. Spread them on a cookie sheet and roast at 400 for about 10ish minutes.

Eat away...very low calorie snack.

:)
  • kingking
    kingking Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Oh, sorry...i missed the line that said "no fruits or veggies"...Doh!

(why, pray tell, couldn't you eat vegetables?)
  • donnaleecam
    Options
    Can you eat cinnamon? I chop up a Granny Smith apple, sprinkle with cinnamon and microwave for 2 minutes. I pretend it is my mom's apple pie-and only 70-100 calories depending on the apple size!
  • jesskennedy
    Options
    i know it sounds really stupid, but its something psychological haha, i cant physically eat them, it makes me retch haha.
  • jesskennedy
    Options
    Can you eat cinnamon? I chop up a Granny Smith apple, sprinkle with cinnamon and microwave for 2 minutes. I pretend it is my mom's apple pie-and only 70-100 calories depending on the apple size!

that sounds delicious : ) thank you!
  • donnaleecam
    Options
    You're welcome-I am going to make one now!! :)
  • HMBradley42
    Options
    I like dunking a banana in dannon light and fit strawberry/banana yogurt...but ou can dunk green apple I guess.
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    Check this out! http://www.self.com/fooddiet/2009/06/30-healthy-snacks
    My husband eats microwave popcorn, I like yogurt and granola. Only ones I can think of within the limits.
  • col0825
    col0825 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Popcorn with a mist of I can't believe it's no butter spray and then sprinkle with parmessan cheese . Yummy cheese popcorn
  • Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    How about flavored rice cakes...like caramel or cheddar?
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I like the quaker chewy granola bars- lots of flavors, and usually around 100cals. Plus, they fit in your purse, so you have no excuse! (at least that's what I tell myself!) Lol
  • hjmygatt
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs are good.
    Also like peanut butter on apple slices.
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Ya'll are makin' me hungry! i am going to get on my Wii before I raid the fridge.