recording use of Misto oil sprayer calories

amunet07
amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
Please...could someone tell me how they track how much oil to track in your diary when using a oil sprayer. I used Orville Redenbacker popcorn oil in mine on 5 cups of popped corn and ate 2 cups so far and don't know how to record that.

Replies

• peachy_keen
    peachy_keen Posts: 43 Member
    From what I've read, a Misto sprays approximately one-forth teaspoon per second of spray. Based on 120 calories/tablespoon of olive oil this equals 10 calories per second of spray.
  • well i typed "olive oil misto" into the database and it said 10 calories and 1g fat for 1 spray. i'm not sure what the nutrient value of the oil you are referring to is compared to olive oil, but...... hope that helped :smile:
  • I use olive oil in mine, and honestly, I don't even bother tracking it. It's such a small amout that you actually use. I guess you could try to log it as a Pam kind of spray and say you use 20 sprays, or however many you use.
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Thanks! I had no idea something like that would be in the database. :flowerforyou:
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    From what I've read, a Misto sprays approximately one-forth teaspoon per second of spray. Based on 120 calories/tablespoon of olive oil this equals 10 calories per second of spray.

That's great info to have! I absolutely love my Misto. I think I use a lot less oil when I mist it on rather than measuring it into the pan, because it disburses so much better. Ive been just guestimating about 1/4 tablespoon per use, but I'll have to start counting. ;)
  • joannathechef
    joannathechef Posts: 484 Member
    I go by 10 calories per second of spraying.

Just count slowly I can cover a pan in 4 secs = 40 calories for 2 people = 20 calories each

I use light olive oil :huh: it is not lighter in calories darn it
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    I definitely use a lot less oil since using the Misto. So, I don't count it if I just use it to spray the pan before cooking a chicken breast. If I used it more than one spray I might consider counting it. If I wasn't losing weight I might visit counting it.