How long are you at the gym?

Options
I will be going to the gym soon and I just want to know how long the gym enthusiast stays at the gym... Thanks

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Like an Hour.. Tops.

At the least, 30 minutes.
  • evelyngrice
    evelyngrice Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I generally do a 1 hour class & then might do another 30-45minutes on gym/strength equipment :)
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Usually 30-45 mins for cardio, 60-75 mins for strength training.
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    10-15 min warm up on the treadmill

30-60 minutes for weight training, depending on my goals for the day and what I'm working (3-4 days/week)

Stretch 10-20 minutes afterwards, depending on how I'm feeling.

2x week I do HIIT sprints for 20-40 minutes, depending on how I'm feeling - and I'm actually working half that time. Minute sprint, minute rest for instance.

I try to do Spin class 1x week but while it's slotted for 60 minutes, the vigorous activity is only for 45-50ish.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

Yep.
  • LordBear
    LordBear Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    at least an hr unless im rushed... that is mostly strength training and a bit of stretching... i do cardio when i walk or do my tae kwon do.
  • rachelerwin
    rachelerwin Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    At least an hour.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    That's what I hated about going TO the gym... It took about a half hour to get there and a half hour to get home, so I'd want to spend more time there than I spent driving, which would immediately kill 2 hours or more.

Now that I exercise at home, I lift weights for about a half hour to 45 minutes, sometimes an hour, and run outside between 30-60 minutes, on alternating days. Which frees up lots of time... to waste on MFP.:indifferent:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    45 mins for strength training, 60 mins if I'm training with a partner. Cardio stuff varies by exercise.
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Between 45 and 75minutes!
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options

this
  • NaEl1
    NaEl1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I workout M-F 45 Minutes each day keeping my heart rate up the full time. Then i do Jillian Michaels RI30 daily which is a 20 min workout but it works. Hope this is helpful!!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I try to get in and out fast but I always end up there for about an hour. Not sure why. Time just flies right by.
  • MeeshKB
    MeeshKB Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    An hour. 30 mins of cardio and 30 of strength.

My gym doesn't open until 6 am and I have to shower and get ready and be at work at 8, so an hour workout is all I can manage.
  • ksavy
    ksavy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Right around an hour, give or take 5-10 min 5x a week. 30-35 min Cardio and 25-30 min Strength. When I let myself go for longer runs, I will go do my weights at the gym and then go run for 60-70 min outside.
  • kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I lift for about 45 minutes. If I'm doing cardio it'll be another 30 minutes on top of that.
  • Dylex
    Dylex Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    About 45mins cardio at the gym 4x a week.

I tend to keep strength at home (30 mins every second day works for me).
  • crazyvermont
    crazyvermont Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm in gym 60-90 minutes per day which includes everything from stretch, cardio, and weights....try to keep moving from time entering to leaving. If I don't, I tend to slack and use more as social event
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    45-60 minutes for lifting (counting rests obviously) and cardio
    20-30 minutes for HIIT days
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    around 1 hour lifting another hour hitting the speed bag or heavy bag.