Hi all! Im new and wanna lose my BEER GUT!

Options
Hey guys! I am from Michigan and just found this site. I am so excited to get started. The two toughest things for me are #1 my drinking habits (i drink beer every evening with friends) and #2 i am so out of shape that i can barely do 10 minutes of cardio. Any suggestions for excersizes that are not boring to get my heart rate up? Also, I have debilitating anxiety and depersonalization so it is hard for me to do much outside for now. Any help or support would be greatly appreciated! Im here for anyone also! :heart:

65430.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• amason8416
    amason8416 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hey guys! I am from Michigan and just found this site. I am so excited to get started. The two toughest things for me are #1 my drinking habits (i drink beer every evening with friends) and #2 i am so out of shape that i can barely do 10 minutes of cardio. Any suggestions for excersizes that are not boring to get my heart rate up? Also, I have debilitating anxiety and depersonalization so it is hard for me to do much outside for now. Any help or support would be greatly appreciated! Im here for anyone also! :heart:

65430.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    Hey there! I'm from Michigan too! I have several DVD's that I use right in my living room. That might be your best bet if it's hard for you to leave the house right now. I have The Biggest Loser: Power Sculpt and The Biggest Loser: Cardio Max. I also have a few of the Rodney Yee yoga videos which aren't too difficult and they are quite a workout!
  • amason8416
    Options
    Im trying to do the whole Tae Bo thing because I did that a while back for a long time, but Im getting a little tired of looking at Billy Blanks junk in that tight little number. I get bored easily I guess. Where are you located in Michigan? Im in the southwest. Weather is getting so nice here thank god! Thanks for your suggestions. Ill check them out right now! :smile:
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    I'm in southeast...Detroit-metro area. I bought several videos so I can mix them up so I'm not doing the same one every single day. I probbly do each video only once or twice a week...gotta keep your body on its toes ;)
  • tlitzner
    tlitzner Posts: 124
    Options
    I'm from Sterling Heights! Represent!

I too am totally out of shape and feel like i'm dying after 10 minutes. It's not cardio, but I like the Carribean workout pilates. It gets me sweating and works my muscles, and they are constantly changing up what you're doing, so I don't get bored.

My favorite cardio is walking with a friend. Time flies by because we chat the whole time.
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    Very cool! I live in Ferndale, but I teach in Sterling Heights!
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou: I don't drink beer but got a gut that just won't go away, would like to hear some of the answers they give you.:smile:
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Hi....I am originally from Michigan as well (North). I think Michigan and beer gut just go hand-in-hand. :drinker:

I do Tae Bo, but I also have kickboxing with Kathy Smith, some various DVD's of Cardio Pilates, Turbo Jam, and some of the Biggest Loser Workouts. I use them when it's raining or when my husband is not home...that way my daughter can do the video's with me.

If you have kids, you can also jump rope at home with them or get one of those mini trampolines. I have one of those too so when I use the treadmill my daughter jumps next to me (and talks, and talks, and talks :smile: ).

Best of Luck. :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hey! Welcome and good luck to you!!! This is a great group of people and I am sure you will find this site to be extremely supportive and helpful to you!

Let me know if I can help in any way!!

Tami
  • amason8416
    Options
    Thanks for all the support guys! :happy:
    I am going to stick with the tapes that I have and switch them up often to keep from getting bored. I love walking with friends too. My one friend has a big huge dog, so thats a little more challenging when hes pulling me each and every way! :tongue:
    Well Im going to get back to work and get my workout in so I can have a couple (or more) drinks tonight :drinker: Woohoo!
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Im from MICHIGAN Sterling Heigths as well.. .. WOO HOO.. anyhow I HATE exercise.. but i found that i grab my ipod and walk AT MY OWN PACE and just do it for a half and hour.. seems to be helping. GOOD LUCK :smile:
  • Jaxxx
    Jaxxx Posts: 13
    Options
    :explode: I hear ya ... I just walked for 10 and was winded ... Start off slow, try not to sit longer than 30 minutes at anytime ...Good luck ...

65684.png
  • janellybelly
    janellybelly Posts: 112
    Options
    Hey girl...I totally agree, You have got to get more DVD's and then mix them up! I do Turbo Jam, Slim in 6, Walk away the lbs. and Tae-bo. It helps to not get into a slump and your always looking forward to working out the different muscles! I go to the gym too...gotta get my weights in!

When your friends are having beers try to find another yummy drink low in calories...that way you are not going over your cals for the day! Welcome & good luck! :wink: