Ideas for Valentine's Day

Options
bettersusan
bettersusan Posts: 240 Member
Okay, so :heart: :heart: Valentine's Day :heart: :heart: is just around the corner and I'd love some creative ideas that would be memorable and fun. I have the most wonderful husband and we have a great time together and I'd really like to do something special for him.

We have a budget of $150 for gifts this month and I think he's going to be spending at least $85 of it, based on his last comment. That means I have about $65.

He likes chocolates, so that is easy. I also think I'm going to decorate our bedroom with lights and make it look really cool. Not to be too personal, but we already have a great time together, so no need to go there with your comments.:blushing: :laugh: I know what some of you are thinking!! :wink:

What else could I do to surprise him? Any great ideas? From guys or gals? I love my man and we both love to be fun and creative. Let's see who can come up with the coolest idea!! :heart:

Thanks!!

Susan

Replies

• Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    i need ideas too!
  • izbet106
    izbet106 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Last year I wrote out 50 reasons why I love my husband and then attached each one to a hershey's kiss and put them all into a jar. It was fun!
  • Schula03
    Schula03 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    We are going to a fun Restaurant that we normally wouldn't go to. I got a new dress and he is wearing a new suit!!! Ohhhh and we have a babysitter. YAY.... Its our anniversary.:flowerforyou:
  • Ashia1317
    Options
    Last year I made a scrapbook page of our pictures through out the year and framed it.
  • applepie
    applepie Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    This might be a bit of work, but SO fun. I did this last year for my family. I called it the Amazing Race, Valentine's Style. :) You make clues for them to go all over town. Some of mine were...the store (to get flowers for me. :D), they had to put a puzzle together and on the back of the completed puzzle was another clue, a different store to get some fun treats for a movie (they didn't know what the treats were for, just that they had to get one of their favorite treats for something later in the day..a movie). Another clue was to go to a few houses and sing a silly song, do a crazy dance, etc..in order to get the next clue. They had to do road blocks (quizzes, relay races, etc...) to get more clues. In the end, they were able to get flowers for me, treats for them, a movie, and some fun games that we all enjoyed later that night. We are BIG Amazing Race fans, so this was a great Valentine's Day for us.

Have fun whatever you do! :D
  • 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Options
    How about something to commenorate the "new You"? Like maybe make an appointment with a photographer for a professional portrait of yourself for his desk at work? And then a return appointment with the photographer for one of the both of you, and one of the whole family?
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I love this thread. It makes me happy.

(I never had a husband who wanted to celebrate Valentine's day. This thread gives me hope. Warm fuzzy hope. :heart:)

I hope you and hubby have a great Valentine's!!!
  • 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Options

(I never had a husband who wanted to celebrate Valentine's day. This thread gives me hope. Warm fuzzy hope. :heart:)

I'm sorry to hear that Phoenix. But your day will come! With your attitude toward life its just a matter of time. There are many of us men out there who love celebrating Valentine's Day. This is the 36th I'll be celebrating with the same lovely woman I married 35 years ago! And the next day we celebrate again - 35 years of marriage!
  • bettersusan
    Options

I agree with 34at35! I don't know how old you are, but I was 30 when I married my wonderful husband and he was SO worth the wait. There are good guys out there. Keep you standards high!! You are worth it!! The thing I really noticed about Steve when we first met, is that he constantly was trying to better himself. That's a great asset! :wink: We've been married 8 1/2 years and it's better than it's ever been.

I hope you find a wonderful man who loves and appreciates you. Don't lose hope! I thought I'd never met the right guy. Do things in the right order too. Most people don't these days and it'll throw you off track. Date. Get married. Then "be together" and live together. In other words, have dessert after dinner. :blushing: You'll enjoy the dessert much more! :wink: The RIGHT guy will wait for your body if he REALLY wants YOU. Trust me. You'll sort thru the jerks REAL quick that way! That advice saved me many a heartache, many a wrong guy! Good luck and I hope you are celebrating with the man of your dreams next year!! :heart:

Susan

Hugs!

Susan
  • hglewis
    Options

After quietly and surreptitiously keeping up with your past posts and admiring your quotes on your profile page I have to say I cannot believe an attractive and intelligent woman like you has not been besieged by paramours armed with brooms to sweep you off your feet! What is this world coming to!?!? Oh well, just my 2 cents. Have a great weekend.
  • fooja
    fooja Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    aww.....im single too and get nothing for valentines day :sad: unless i buy myself something for the kids to give me!! hopefully 1 day i will be lucky enough for someone to appreciate me and want to celebrate with me!!

i hope you have a great time, and i like the ideas about putting a collage of pics together for him and framing it!
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    If my husband and I would have been in the same country to celebrate together, I would have planned out a fondue meal at home; cheese for the appetizer, oil or chicken broth to cook meats, and chocolate for dessert. Then of course coordinating dipping foods for each. I'm sure you'll think of something great. :)
  • bettersusan
    Options
    aww.....im single too and get nothing for valentines day :sad: unless i buy myself something for the kids to give me!! hopefully 1 day i will be lucky enough for someone to appreciate me and want to celebrate with me!!

i hope you have a great time, and i like the ideas about putting a collage of pics together for him and framing it!
    You are so sweet. I hope you have someone wonderful to share it with next year too! There was many a Valentine's Day when I did not. Make it fun for you and your kiddos anyway.

All my best!

Susan