Ripped in 30 - starting now

Options
I sabotaged myself after finishing the 30 Day Shred 2.5 weeks ago. It's amazing how fast that tummy comes back without regular exercise and a sudden increase in fried foods. I decided I had better get back on the wagon so I bought Ripped in 30 and did the first workout today.
Anyone else just started or about to start? Wanna keep each other on track?

Replies

• alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I am on week 2 (level 2) but I do it a few times a week along with other workouts. Level 2 is a lot harder than level 1! Remember all that plank from 30DS? It's baaaaaack. :devil:
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I'm getting ready to start the 30DS. How was that?
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    Level 2 is hard, the strength moves were really frustrating me last night. Tonight I am gonna give it my all!
  • KCramer12
    KCramer12 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I would love to! I am almost done with week 2 of ripped! 1 more day then onto week 3!
  • 5tephoscope
    5tephoscope Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm getting ready to start the 30DS. How was that?

The 30DS was awesome. It was really hard and I think there is a permanent sweat stain on my rug! But I could feel myself getting stronger every few days! I also took before and after photos and it was awesome to see the difference. (My profile "after" pic is the "before" for the shred)
    I recommend taking one day off and jogging or swimming or something less intense, and another day completely for rest. So it will take more than 30 days (took me closer to 50) but that will help reduce injury potential. Good luck!
  • 5tephoscope
    Options
    @KCramer12: nice job! Keep it up!

What's your biggest barrier to doing the workouts?

Are you following the diet plan?
  • NaEl1
    NaEl1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm doing RI30 as well when i get home today will be my first day of Week 2. It really looks challenging but im going to give it 100% my son told me he can see the lines for my 6 pack forming. That made my day!! Good luck everyone :)
  • walnut211
    Options
    I am just finishing up with 30DS. I can finally do all level 3 with Natalie so I'm figuring I'm ready to move on. I plan to start Ripped in 30 next week. I will be exactly a week behind you.
  • knottyfroggy
    Options
    I started RI30 the 18th (Tues) so today will be day #3. It's hard. I can almost do everything but not quite. I'm thinking I may do it 2xs through. I'm doing that in the afternoons and I'm also doing a treadmill workout in the mornings and a fairly strict diet. I looked at Jillian's diet, but, seriously, who has the time or the money to do that diet!? I took before pics and measurements and will post the results when I am through!
  • ChublessBunny
    ChublessBunny Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I finished 30ds on Monday 9/17 (after 47 days...hah....lots of slacker days in between), and started ri30 on Monday as well so today is day 4. I'm doubling up M-F: ri30, then whatever level of 30ds I feel capable of doing. This week has been amazing so far; not only have I felt fantastic during the day, I'm having lucid dreams at night and have lost an inch off my hips since the beginning of this week. I'm at the high-end of a healthy weight range (just feel/look rather chubby), so an inch is fairly decent progress. The only results I got from doing 30ds (aside from the major endurance and strength shift from beginning to end), was an inch off my hips. Now I've lost two!

I'd like to try and finish this one in four weeks, double workouts M-F, and rest on the weekends. I can't wait to see the results! I think this time around will be much more visible.

I would love to show support and would love some myself (rather new to MFP and haven't reached out at all yet)...
  • butlera8
    butlera8 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I finished week 3 today. I'm so ready to get this over with lol!
  • 5tephoscope
    Options
    @ChublessBunny: wow, girl! That's a lot of intensity. Let us know if it's manageable, and give yourself a break if it's not. You are gonna be totally ripped!
  • samurairogers
    Options
    I am starting tonight. IN addition, I'm running/HIIT training for 45 mins, 4 nights a week. Last JM video I did, I about died.. I bought this awhile ago, but it's still in the wrapper on the shelf... *oops* :P
  • uprightashley
    uprightashley Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've done 30DS recently. I'm moving on to Ripped in 30 lvl 2 tomorrow. Good luck to you!
  • KKOLB1
    KKOLB1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I started the 20th. We can track together
  • 5tephoscope
    Options
    Great! I did day 2 of week 1 today. It's tough but I made it through. There's a lot of squats!
  • kimboj41
    kimboj41 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I started 9/24 so I am on day two today.....she (JM) has brought so much pain to my life...lol. I would love to track with whomever is doing RI30, feel free to friend me....
  • MyNaturalHue
    Options
    I just started ripped in 30 yesterday....i liked day 1. I did 30 day shred and enjoyed that as well.
  • 5tephoscope
    Options
    I did a 3+ hour hike today, so I skipped RI30.

Do you do it every day? Do you still do it if you did another big burner activity that day?
  • butlera8
    butlera8 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I did a 3+ hour hike today, so I skipped RI30.

Do you do it every day? Do you still do it if you did another big burner activity that day?

I do mine first thing in the morning. Immediately after that I get on my stationary bike for 20-40 minutes. Later in the evening I'll do 30 minutes on the elliptical and lift weights or go for a 2 mile run.