Q about 30 day shred!

Options
I have seen a lot of great results from people doing 30 day shred, all doing it without days off. I do not have 30 days in a row with access to a TV to do this.

Is it worth doing it every so often along with what I usually do? (running, weights etc) or should I just give up on the idea of incorporating a DVD workout?

Has one else done 30DS and had results without doing it everyday?

Thanks in advance for any advice or personal experiences

Replies

• flabby2fabby12
    Options
    BUMP! I'm wondering the same
  • wazert
    wazert Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I would still do it. I have always heard that it is good to vary your workouts as much as possible. I really like 30 ds, I think you can get benefit from it even if you can't do it every day. If you already workout a lot maybe jump to level 3 and do it as often as you can.
  • Jenjaz1910
    Jenjaz1910 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    When I did it, I think I had 2 days off a week, it takes longer than 30 "straight" days. But you can still do it x
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    If you don't really like DVD workouts then what you're already doing is probably plently. If you were looking to incorporate a DVD workout, 30 Day Shred is a good one! Like someone else said you might want to do Level 2 or 3. It's really effective for how quick it is, and it's always good to vary your workout schedule anyway. I did the shred every day, but now I do Ripped in 30 twice a week along with other workouts and I'm continuing to see results.
  • yecatsml
    yecatsml Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    In Jillians blog she says NOT to do it for 30 days straight - do 2 days shred, 1 day cardio, 2 days shred, 1 day cardio, 1 day rest. That is what I have been doing.....I hated the idea of working the same muscles for 10 days with no chance for them to recover/heal/rest!
  • mtbke5
    mtbke5 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    As long as you are doing something it won't matter if you do this particular workout everyday. It is a great cardio/muscle endurance workout.
  • andeehrdz
    andeehrdz Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    In Jillians blog she says NOT to do it for 30 days straight - do 2 days shred, 1 day cardio, 2 days shred, 1 day cardio, 1 day rest. That is what I have been doing.....I hated the idea of working the same muscles for 10 days with no chance for them to recover/heal/rest!

This is good to know! Thanks!
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    I mix it in with my marathon training and strength routine. Its great for days when I don't have a lot of time to exercise. It forces me to do pushups, which I hate. I've really come to like having these short, all-around exercises mixed in.
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I have seen a lot of great results from people doing 30 day shred, all doing it without days off. I do not have 30 days in a row with access to a TV to do this.

Is it worth doing it every so often along with what I usually do? (running, weights etc) or should I just give up on the idea of incorporating a DVD workout?

Has one else done 30DS and had results without doing it everyday?

Thanks in advance for any advice or personal experiences
    It's not intended to be done every day, and Jillian recommends a rest day (or two) a week. I started on Sept 1 and have had 4 rest days, and so far I've lost 4 lbs and 11.75".
  • sundaymiller86
    sundaymiller86 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I started Sep 1 with 3 or 4 rest days and I'm down 6.4# and 13.75" so I def say yes!