Hello...new and need encouragement

Options
I began keeping a food diary on Monday. I also cut out sweet tea which I was drinking a ton of...at least three large McDonalds cups a day. I replaced it with water or flavored water. I have been seriously watching what I eat and replaced junk with better options. However...almost a week into it and I have gained three pounds. What is up with that? Why am I gaining weight?I am doing my best to stay at 1200 calories...but some days don't even make it to 1200. I eat all the time trying to boost my metabolism but am eating low cal foods. It is really discouraging. I also doubled up on my swimming every day. I feel like I should have at least LOST a pound and not gained three.

Replies

• crazyvermont
    crazyvermont Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    it sounds like you may not be getting enough calories with exercises you are doing. I plateaued for several months before joining here two weeks ago. Hit recommended calories and made up for excercise and weight loss has started again. Whatever you do, don't give up
  • Shaken1976
    Shaken1976 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I just wish I had time.... I am quickly running out of time to lose weight before my PT test. I have been working hard and seeing no results.