How long before you saw results?

Options
Starting to think something is wrong with me. I have cut calories quite a bit. Actually not meeting my minimum. I am trying but it isn't working for me. I have gained three pounds. How am I gaining weight?

Replies

• Southern_Belle89
    Options
    Not sure but if you open your diary maybe that'll help. :)
  • Southern_Belle89
    Options
    What I mean is maybe you're eating things high in sodium or something that you're missing & someone maybe able to see it...your body could be in starvation mode as well. Don't know..:/
  • Shaken1976
    Shaken1976 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    What I mean is maybe you're eating things high in sodium or something that you're missing & someone maybe able to see it...your body could be in starvation mode as well. Don't know..:/

How do I do that? I would be glad to share.
  • Shaken1976
    Options
    Nevermind... I did it. It is locked with Shaken1976
  • sorrelduncan
    sorrelduncan Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    If I'm reading correctly, it looks like you have been at this for only a few days. Will take much longer to see real results. Weight fluctuates due to lots of things including sodium intake. Also, sometimes the body temporarily holds onto water after hard workouts as the muscles repair. Most of the people on this sight are here for long-term health and nutrition, not just a quick, temporary weight loss.
  • Shaken1976
    Options
    If I'm reading correctly, it looks like you have been at this for only a few days. Will take much longer to see real results. Weight fluctuates due to lots of things including sodium intake. Also, sometimes the body temporarily holds onto water after hard workouts as the muscles repair. Most of the people on this sight are here for long-term health and nutrition, not just a quick, temporary weight loss.

Not looking for quick temporary weight loss. But I have a weigh in on Friday next week and if I don't show progress I am in trouble at work. I had been watching what I eat...now I started tracking it.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    not eating the right foods, not eating enough, not working out? Any of these make sense?
  • ismiseciara
    ismiseciara Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    why would you be in trouble at work ??
  • Shaken1976
    Options
    why would you be in trouble at work ??

Military. My weight wasn't bad...not great but not bad. Then I was in a car accident and couldn't work out at all.
  • Shaken1976
    Options
    not eating the right foods, not eating enough, not working out? Any of these make sense?

I swim daily. Sometimes twice a day. I opened my food diary...with the key Shaken1976.
  • ismiseciara
    Options
    oh right , that makes sense so......are you eating all your calories that have been allocated? how is your food choices i.e do you eat ready meals or fresh produce?
  • ghostpixie
    ghostpixie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Your body might be in starvation mode since you aren't meeting 1200 calories every day...
  • emilye72
    emilye72 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You are not eating enough. Your diary shows you are consuming less than 1000 cals a day.
  • Shaken1976
    Options
    oh right , that makes sense so......are you eating all your calories that have been allocated? how is your food choices i.e do you eat ready meals or fresh produce?

Fresh fruit and veggies. Baked chicken, cereal with no milk, canned pineapple in juice. My diary is open with the key Shaken1976. I feel like I eat all day...but never make my calories.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    It can take months to "see"results especially if you are very overweight. Not meeting your minimum calories could be the problem.
  • ismiseciara
    Options
    just had a look at your diary, i think you need to increase your food intake, your not eating enough so your metabolism would adjust to this and slow down to conserve as much energy as poss hence the lack of weight loss
  • Shaken1976
    Options
    Your body might be in starvation mode since you aren't meeting 1200 calories every day...

What are things I can eat more of? I am kind of picky. I cut out sweet tea completely. I cut out fried foods. I am never hungry because I eat on stuff throughout the day.
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    You aren't eating enough. Strange as it sounds. MFP already builds in a deficit when you set your macros.

Someone explained it to me like a car. A car needs fuel to work. You can put in crap fuel and it might work for a while, but then things will start to go wrong sooner, sluggish etc. If you do not put in enough fuel then you won t get to where you want to be. Same with your body. Quality fuel and enough of it will get you results faster.
  • ismiseciara
    Options

What are things I can eat more of? I am kind of picky. I cut out sweet tea completely. I cut out fried foods. I am never hungry because I eat on stuff throughout the day.

what about foods like peanut butter/ nuts? these would boost your cals up?
  • phoenixgirl81
    phoenixgirl81 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Certainly not eating enough. You're eating between 500 and 700 calories per day of your 1500 goal. You are starving your body.

You also have ZERO water logged (seriously, your body needs this), and you are not logging your exercise. If you are swimming, you need to log it. You also need to eat more to fuel that exercise.

You are also eating barely any vegetables. You should be aiming to eat at least 5 serves of vegetables per day (the Australian standard is that a serve of vegies is 75g).

Also wondering, for breakfast do you eat your cereal dry or do you have it with milk? If you have it with milk you are not accounting for it.

As for the 3 pound gain, I can do that in a day and it will go away again the next day. For me, it's part of the normal fluctuation of my body.