Why am I not seeing results?

Hi everyone! Ive been wanting and trying to lose weight for a while now. I cant seem to get anymore results though!(I went from 145 to 135) I've been eating very well on the most part and working out ike a maniac.

I weighed 135 last time I checked in august (went away to school, dont have a scale)
bust:34
waist:27
hips:37

My goal is to be 33 chest, 26 waist, and 35 hips.

Advice anyone?

Replies

• astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    If that's you on the profile picture it does not look like you really should lose anymore...

But losing weigh won't do as much for measurements - you need to eat enought and work with heavy weights to make a significant difference in that...
    How much are you eating, and how much do you work out? Copious amounts of cardio is not going to change yous shape much....
  • MeccaLoves2Sleep
    MeccaLoves2Sleep Posts: 43 Member
    Are you measuring and using a food scale??? I got lazy and wasn't diligent about my serving sizes- just guesstimated- so I wasn't losing as quick. Does your gym have a scale?

I also think that if that is you in the photo you look great so hang in there! It seems like everyone always wants to be 10 lbs lighter (at least), even when they look fit and healthy. Maybe it is time to tone up and add some weight lifting???

Good luck!
  • stormsusmc
    stormsusmc Posts: 228 Member
    What's your routine and work out habits...?
  • refinley2
    refinley2 Posts: 52 Member
    To get lean, cut out soda (diet too), all fast foods, bleached starches (white flour products), milk, cheese, eggs, meat. All the fruits and vegetables will do wonders for the skin and are an easy way to quickly cut 10 pounds.
  • renwicker
    renwicker Posts: 158 Member
    Lift weights like a dude. Sounds like bad advice until you do a little research. You'll thank me later.
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    open your diary and give more details of what your day/week is like for exercise.
  • My sister lost her last few pounds and got the shape she wanted by seeing a trainer at her gym who got her trimmed up. If you are looking to diet them away it won't work- the last few pounds will have to be shaped onto you by sheer work
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Yea, exercise is the way forward. Gym or if you don't fancy that how about hitting the pool for a few weeks to tone up your body and doing some basics like sit-ups at home.

Or perhaps you have hit your natural body shape. at 135 I bet (and you don't look like) you need to loose any more weight :-)

Goo luck and I hope you are either happy with the way you look (perhaps you should be :-) ) or manage to change it into what you desire.
  • treimnitz
    treimnitz Posts: 51 Member
    My sister lost her last few pounds and got the shape she wanted by seeing a trainer at her gym who got her trimmed up. If you are looking to diet them away it won't work- the last few pounds will have to be shaped onto you by sheer work

I'm the sister . . . . The trainer had me doing weight training every other day. He also had me doing cardio work on the other days. I also stayed away from sugary foods, got plenty of protein, and ate six small meals a day!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    To get lean, cut out soda (diet too), all fast foods, bleached starches (white flour products), milk, cheese, eggs, meat. All the fruits and vegetables will do wonders for the skin and are an easy way to quickly cut 10 pounds.

Ignorant advice. There is nothing wrong with eggs, milk, meat and cheese as part of a healthy diet. Many here eat several eggs a day and have lost weight just fine.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member

Ignorant advice. There is nothing wrong with eggs, milk, meat and cheese as part of a healthy diet. Many here eat several eggs a day and have lost weight just fine.

I eat meat, milk, eggs, cheese, bleached starches, and drink diet soda
    *looks at flat stomach*
    yep works just fine
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Hi everyone! Ive been wanting and trying to lose weight for a while now. I cant seem to get anymore results though!(I went from 145 to 135) I've been eating very well on the most part and working out ike a maniac.

I weighed 135 last time I checked in august (went away to school, dont have a scale)
    bust:34
    waist:27
    hips:37

My goal is to be 33 chest, 26 waist, and 35 hips.

Advice anyone?

why are you trying? thats a healthy weight how tall are you?
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    ]

unless you are a green iguana. Green Iguanas are not supposed to be fed dairy and eggs and meats.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    What sort of advice are you looking for here? Random?

You have a private diary and an avatar picture of a skinny chick. My advice - eat 15-20% less than your TDEE to lose weight. Lift some weights to avoid looking like the girl in your avatar.
  • Try High Intensity Interval Training! I've been doing it during plateaus and it's made a huge difference. Also, take a look at your caloric intake...sometimes it helps to switch it up for a week or two so your body doesn't "settle" into a routine. Good luck!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member

weird advice... nothing wrong with cheese milk eggs and meat. I eat them all the time and I am pretty lean. had no issues losing weight.
  • Guines9
    Guines9 Posts: 137
    Hips are where it is at. I hope you do not lose it. .......................................................................

Nothing seems to be wrong with what you have. I can say that the majority of women on here will say YOU HAVE ARRIVED! Be very grateful!...... Now you can maintian what you have.
  • To get lean, cut out soda (diet too), all fast foods, bleached starches (white flour products), milk, cheese, eggs, meat. All the fruits and vegetables will do wonders for the skin and are an easy way to quickly cut 10 pounds.

I eat meat, milk, eggs, cheese, bleached starches, and drink diet soda
    *looks at flat stomach*
    yep works just fine

Ditto! :) Works for me too, I have a flat stomach that most teenagers wish for :)
  • Cutting out soda, even diet soda, is great advice. The other foods, you can still eat those. You may have to look at your diet and tweak it around. And what is your workout routine like? If you're doing a lot of cardio and a lot less strength and toning, that could be your problem. Sounds crazy but, just doing cardio can actually slow down your metabolism. You want to add a lot more strength and toning. And don't be afraid of heavy weights. It's very hard for a woman to bulk up. Once I started adding more strength training, the weight has started coming off a lot easier.
  • alisonmaynard70
    alisonmaynard70 Posts: 20 Member
    Kinda harsh reply here, even if the advice isn't what you feel to be correct. I don't agree with leaving out the products mentioned, but don't agree with the reply. There are better ways to get your point across than using negative words. Just sayin'.