Really, really tight budget :(

Options
I want to do P90X SO BAD and I've seen all those success videos on youtube, but I can't afford it at all... is there any way or anywhere I can loan a copy from like a library maybe? Or is there an alternative that I could do in my living room besides Dance Central? I love dancing, especially to contemporary mainstream music that I hear on the radio, but I can't afford P90X right now. Also, is there a way to add my mfp ticker to my Facebook Profile? I tried it in the "About Me" Section, but it only comes out as text and links, not the ticker :( Any help would be amazing!

Replies

• stormsusmc
    stormsusmc Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    You don't need it to lose weight...Proper diet and exercise will give you what you need.

Edit: Focus your money on eating properly and maybe a trainer ;)
  • la_faerie
    Options
    http://theskinnyveg.tumblr.com/post/13214861399/updated-p90x-video-links

Got you covered girl ;)

EDIT: I know they don't all work--but it's a start.
    EDIT #2: Found a better set of links! I think... lol. Not necessarily for p90x though.

http://fatskinnygirl.tumblr.com/workoutlinks
  • Dreamcatcher49
    Options
    I went to Winco's and bought a bunch of Snack Packs and Strawberry Kiwi Jello to go with my Smart Ones dinners, so far I've lost three punds in three weeks. I would love to go to a gym, but can't afford it so I have began doing tummy twisters and leg lifts.
  • stormsusmc
    stormsusmc Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I went to Winco's and bought a bunch of Snack Packs and Strawberry Kiwi Jello to go with my Smart Ones dinners, so far I've lost three punds in three weeks. I would love to go to a gym, but can't afford it so I have began doing tummy twisters and leg lifts.

Well glad its working for you, but the instead of buying those things that are marketed as healthly, or have sugar...try eating lean and more veggies...do squats and lunges from home...tons of things you can do
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Look up Just Dance videos on youtube. It's a great workout even if you don't have a Wii!
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options

there are much better healthier choices than that. I also have a limited budget. I use DVD's from the library and exercises I find online. There is no reason you need to spend a fortune on a program.
  • charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I found a free app on my iPad called Nike training, it's amazing. Lots of different workouts, beginner, inter, advanced...kinda like p 90 but more for women...lunges, squats, cardio, weights, pushups, kicks, ab exercises, core..etc..I think you can just get on the Internet site instead of app if you don't have iPad...it's like having a trainer at home. I've gained a lot of muscle and lost 12 lbs so far, along with running. Good luck on your journey.
  • droogievesch
    Options
    I haven't tried P90x, but did do 30 day shred which you can find for free on youtube. I really liked 30ds. Also, I heard insanity was better than p90x
  • yayjay
    yayjay Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    youtube has a lot of workout videos you would be surprised. Billy blanks is a great one to look up and has a dancey feel - its tae bo so it makes u feel like a champ!

also try the Be fit youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/BeFit?feature=g-all-lpl
    they do everything from yoga to kickboxing to dancing to cardio
    theyre clips go from 5 mins to an hour so you can always squeeze one in :)
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I second trying 30 Day Shred on YouTube. Start with Level 1. It's only 20 minutes, so hang in there and just do the best you can. It will get easier the more you do it. Also, if you don't have any hand weights, just use a couple cans of food. That's what I did. I've made some great progress with this workout.
  • maxiimise
    maxiimise Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Trying 30 Day Shred. Not sure how it's gonna work but we can only hope for the best!
  • mycrazy8splus1
    Options
    Trying 30 Day Shred. Not sure how it's gonna work but we can only hope for the best!

don't hope for the best WORK for the best. You deserve to be healthy and happy. I am doing the 30 DS alternating with Bob Harpers Cardio and it is kicking my butt. Definately a good workout!
  • natuhlay
    natuhlay Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Search POP Pilates on YouTube. She has amazing workouts!
  • SonicaBE
    SonicaBE Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    http://theskinnyveg.tumblr.com/post/13214861399/updated-p90x-video-links

Got you covered girl ;)

EDIT: I know they don't all work--but it's a start.
    EDIT #2: Found a better set of links! I think... lol. Not necessarily for p90x though.

http://fatskinnygirl.tumblr.com/workoutlinks
  • MamaEdmund
    MamaEdmund Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    www.gailvazoxlade.com
  • sliceofsarah
    sliceofsarah Posts: 141 Member
    Options

30 Day Shred would be a good place to start. I think it is a good transition program if you were not previously doing a lot of weight training/cardio. Depending on your background, P90X could be a bit much to start off with.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options

Well glad its working for you, but the instead of buying those things that are marketed as healthly, or have sugar...try eating lean and more veggies...do squats and lunges from home...tons of things you can do

Good clean food is much less expensive than any other option. It doesn't have to be organic or say 'healthy' or 'low fat'. It can say something like 'bean's or 'lentils' or 'chicken'.
  • mycrazy8splus1
    Options
    [/quote]

Good clean food is much less expensive than any other option. It doesn't have to be organic or say 'healthy' or 'low fat'. It can say something like 'bean's or 'lentils' or 'chicken'.
    [/quote]

yes! this^
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    You don't need videos or any of that. Go walking and search youTube for Body Weight Exercises. Make up your own routine focus different groups on different days and go for it.

Also you can lose weight just by eating good and staying in your macro's and around your calorie goal.