Pregnant, but need to lose weight.

My husband and I just went through a round of IVF and it was successful.... but I need to lose some weight because of a medication I was on this year really put weight on me. Anyone else pregnant but trying to lose weight? (healthily, by eating better and being more active?)

My profile picture is where I need to get back to. I got lazy when I started putting the weight on to where I as depressed and didnt care, and I am almost 6 years post gastric bypass surgery. I have lost 10 lbs in a month, 3 of them are since I started using the MFP app on my phone. It just helps to be aware of what im eating, so I make better choices. :)

I hope to make some friends on this journey :) Good luck to everyone!

Replies

• mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    I wouldn't try to lose weight while pregnant, I think though asking your doctor for advice would be the best and safest option.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    I wouldn't try to lose weight while pregnant, I think though asking your doctor for advice would be the best and safest option.
    ^^ this ^^
  • Flutterloo
    Flutterloo Posts: 122 Member
    I would discuss this with your doctor. I was overweight when I was pregnant, and ended up losing a bit of weight in the first and second trimester without really changing my habits. Usually some exercise is ok. But honestly...each woman is so different that I think it is really smarter to just discuss your concerns with your doctor. Best of luck, and congratulations on your pregnancy!
  • Its ok to lose weight while you are pregnant, just not going on any crazy dieting or over exercising to do it. I am just becoming more active and cutting out the crappy foods in my diet (ie: candy, chips, soft drinks, etc)

so thanks for the advice about not losing weight, but that wasnt a question, it was an introduction. :)
  • I would discuss this with your doctor. I was overweight when I was pregnant, and ended up losing a bit of weight in the first and second trimester without really changing my habits. Usually some exercise is ok. But honestly...each woman is so different that I think it is really smarter to just discuss your concerns with your doctor. Best of luck, and congratulations on your pregnancy!

thank you for the congratulations.

FYI TO EOE: I already have talked to my doctor. This is an introduction, not a question. The only question was is anyone else trying to lose weight while pregnant. Thanks! :)