Hi everyone I just joined today

Options
Well I am here and ready to tackle my second project which is losing the weight I do not need or want:happy: My first project was quitting smoking and I tackled that really well, It will be five years at the end of October since I quit:happy: So I am pretty sure if I put my mind to it I will succeed at this too, I have lost fourteen pounds so far so that is a start.

I am looking forward to getting to know you all and to learn as much as I can from you:smile:

P.S. I see I need to figure out how to make my ticker say 14 lbs, so I will be back:glasses:

Replies

• SuzinSullivan
    Options
    I actually found quitting smoking easier than dieting. Probably because you can just stay away from cigarettes and cut them out of your life, but we all have to eat! You can do it though - just takes a little more planning :happy:
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal, :smile:
  • kellyirisheyes
    kellyirisheyes Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP :)
  • LCgymnast
    Options
    Welcome Welcome! Glad to see that you're ready to accomplish another goal in your life. I've heard how difficult it is to overcome smoking and you've accomplished that. I know you will be able to loss weight. Can't wait to see your progress. Good Luck!
  • LarStar
    LarStar Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You're going to LOVE IT HERE! Congrats on 14 lb weight loss!!
  • Flutterloo
    Flutterloo Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Congrats on quitting smoking!!

And welcome to MFP. :smile: I'm new too.
  • Jewelslively
    Options
    Hi, I'm pretty new as well. Just started this week. Welcome. I quit smoking almost 10 years ago . . . and it was much easier than changing my eating habits. Add me if you'd like.
  • MoonGypsyQ67
    MoonGypsyQ67 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Welcome and I wish you all the best!!!
  • PJtwo
    PJtwo Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks for all the welcomes:happy: , I think it will take me awhile to figure out how everything works. Is there a place where I can ask "how To" questions?
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Welcome!