How long are you at the gym?

Options

Replies

• lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I lift for about 20-30 minutes then do 45-60 minutes of cardio, so 60-90 minutes total.
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    An hour.
    I get bored after that.
  • bellydancer124
    Options
    45 minutes to an hour. That's about all my attention span can take.
  • Grnhouse
    Grnhouse Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    90 minutes
  • orangecrayon
    orangecrayon Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    About an hour. You don't want to burn yourself out, but you still want that burn! ;)
  • Vonwarr
    Vonwarr Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I lift for 1.5 to 2 hours, 3 days a week.
  • SMJ1987
    SMJ1987 Posts: 368
    Options
    I lift for about 45 minutes. If I'm doing cardio it'll be another 30 minutes on top of that.

This.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    1-2 hours depending on the day.
  • KLD05
    Options
    I walk to the gym )approx 1/2 mile), then spend about 30 minutes on strength training, 5 - 10 min on stretching, then a few core exercises. I am not a gym "enthusiast", but this routine is definitely helping.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    between 60-90 minutes a day, 5-6 days per week. I take my Kindle with me, I can work out for a very long time and really sweat while I'm reading a good book!
  • kfitzpa
    kfitzpa Posts: 326
    Options
    20 minutes lately because I've been squeezing workouts in before work. But usually somewhere between 20-45 mins.
  • willowdancer
    Options
    I workout at home but I do 20-30 minutes of yoga, (split before and after my workout) about 30-45 minutes of weight training, and 30-50 minutes of my favorite cardio: hoop dancing! I do this 6 days a week and practice yoga and belly dancing on my "off" day.
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I'm usually there 30-45 min on average, .. but I guess it just depends on how I'm feeling..
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    couple hours
  • mhide
    mhide Posts: 20
    Options
    I usually spent 2-3 hours a day. I started going to the gym 2 months ago. The first month I did cardio only, then I started doing both strenght and cardio.
  • IMElektra
    IMElektra Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    1- 1.5 hours. Sometimes longer on weekends.
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Options
    Between 45 and 75minutes!

This...I want to be there as little time with the most amount of exercises fit into that time. Warm up, weights and circuit training, abs, cool down.
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    for resistance training...no more than 45 min . Much more than that and hormone levels start to drop which wont help. if your doing cardio maybe another 30 min. I usually seperate those workouts though-im just to tired after weight training to even think about doing cardio, lol.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Starting next week I will be upping my strength work so that i will be doing 30 minutes of strength 5 days a week. 3 days a week I run for almost an hour beforehand. The other 2 I have cage fit class for 30 minutes (wild mix of cardio, core, & strength) and then I hit the stationary bike for 30 minutes. The bike doesn't get my heart rate up like running does, but it makes everything else possible by strengthening my previously injured knee.

My past cardio schedule was the same as my new schedule, but I was only doing strength 2 days a week.

Long story short - 90 minutes 5 days a week.
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    About 45 minutes weightlifting only.