Battling the scale sucks!

Options
Hi guys!

I know everyone battles the scale at some point in time but I feel like im ALWAYS battling it. Does anyone else feel this way?
I do well when I limit my carbs. If I stay below a 100 carbs I do really well. Some people do not believe in the low carb thing but it works for me and I'm sticking to it so please do not tell me to go back to eating carbs. I exercise 5-6 days a week for atleast 30 minutes at a time. I mix it up with running/walking outside, ellipitical, and weight training. Does anyone know why my weight is so crazy? In the mirror I can see a difference at times, but I just want the number to be different on the scale!

Replies

• jzaz903
    jzaz903 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Water retention? What does your sodium look like? Also, when your muscles are sore they retain water. That could be it too.

Just keep trucking! You can do this!
  • ferb55
    ferb55 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I need less diet soda! I've decided that tonight :) my abs hurt today LOL could they retain water?
  • kejurek
    kejurek Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey girl!

How often are you weighing yourself? Definitely do NOT do it every day. I know some people recommend doing that but it will make you crazy! I used to obsess about the scale until I started weighing myself once a week. I weigh myself every Friday to set the tone for the weekend because that's when I mess up. If you feel great and feel as if you are getting results that's all that matters :) You're doing so great! So don't get discouraged because the scale tells you one thing. Stay consistent and keep doing what you're doing.

Also, I saw you are a diet soda drinker! Let me tell you I was addicted!!! I had 3-4 a day until I became a Beachbody Coach in June. I lost over 10 pounds this summer and can tell you lots of the bloat comes from that stupid diet soda haha I was so sad but after quitting I feel so great and in turn drink more water :)

Hope that helps! Don't get down on yourself though! You're killin' it. I always see you posting your workouts and I'm jealous of your motivation in the gym! I still struggle with that.

Keep it up :)
  • ferb55
    ferb55 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much girl! Ugh yes I love diet soda, but Im going to cut away from it for a month and see what happens scale wise!