Recommendations needed for exercise program

Options
Have lost total of 34 lbs (pre MFP and with MFP). Looking for recommendations for next phase of exercises. I usually walk outside and/or on treadmill. Have seen lots of exercise programs/videos, but have no idea what I should go with (P90X, Intensity, etc). I've also read that the way to lose weight is to do strength training, but where do I start? Is there a certain routine you started out with?

Any and all help is appreciated! Gotta step it up!

Replies

• Fathima0712
    Fathima0712 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I love the Turbo Jam videos.They contain a lot of cardio and Strength videos.All you gotta do is get some dumbbells and start working out to the videos since you are starting out.

What i really love about Turbo Jam is that its really fun.You actually feel like sticking it out and working out.
  • jlhill7
    jlhill7 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I work for a medical clinic. The physical therapist there has several patients that have gotten hurt from doing P90X. If you do that please make sure that you are doing the stretching correctly. Insanity is also a nice work out. My diary is open and you can look at it to get an idea of hat I do for strength and cardio.
  • bailbondbabs
    Options
    BODY PUMP! I love it and you just described yourself as the perfect candidate! It is tough but totally doable!