Clean Eaters - What do you drink besides water?

Options

Replies

• seshchick2
    Options
    mmmm..... crystal light raspberry lemonade only 5 calories and no sugar! Way better than boring water plus I can easily drink 8 bottles of it a day! It's not that expensive either plus my daughter likes it and it's way better than juice.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    teas ( no sugar added i use honey instead or just nothing) and water and sassy water ( water chilled with frozen fruit) and cucumber water :D
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    oh and at walmart they sell flavored sparkiling water that is super yum
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I like flavouring water with fruit and herbs. A few ideas:

'Pimms': half a lemon, sliced; portion of cucumber, sliced; half an orange, quartered; a handful of strawberries, halved; a handful of mint leaves, crushed.

'Lemonade': juice of half a lemon, a handful of crushed mint leaves.

Pink and fruity: half a cup of frozen berries.

Place the ingredients in a large jug; pour water in and stir; refrigerate for a few hours or overnight. Poured through a strainer before drinking (unless you like floaty bits) and add ice, if you like.

If the jug's empty by bedtime, you know you've had your 8 glasses.

(I also drink the odd glass of unsweetened almond milk or coconut water and, of course, umpteen cups of herbal tea. And a large latte every couple of weeks - gotta have treats now and again.)

Pink and Fruity sounds great!!
  • MommyImHungry
    Options
    I am type 2 diabetic so I've quit everything non water as of this past Feb. I drink plain water, coconut water, sparkling water with fresh fruit, lemon water...I've always been big on drinking water so it's not a huge deal for me.
  • Sarahwillow
    Sarahwillow Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened ice tea, coffee and of course water!!!
  • stormsusmc
    stormsusmc Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    fresh green, or earl grey tea (when im at home)
    water
    sparkling water with lemon or lime sometimes both!! lol
    vitamin d milk
    glass of red wine twice a week
    spicy v8
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Diet green tea, all it has in it is sodium. So I wouldn't drink to much of it. I believe it has about 170mg of sodium per 16 oz bottle.
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Tea and water.
  • ajhr
    ajhr Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Tea
    Coffee
    Milk (dairy or unsweetened alternative)
    Sparkling water with a dash of lemon or lime and sometimes some frozen berries - let them bob around like ice cubes and then eat them at the end :)
  • shinesunfish
    shinesunfish Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Young coconut water is great! It's a little scary at first to buy the coconut, but it's not too difficult to crack open and once you've tried it, you'll never go back! :)
  • kadoodle76
    Options
    oh and at walmart they sell flavored sparkiling water that is super yum

Completely off-topic...:noway: your profile pic scares the living crud outta me...just sayin' lol
  • carolyn002
    carolyn002 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yum! ; )
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Tap water.
  • xoyasminxo
    Options
    I like flavouring water with fruit and herbs. A few ideas:

'Pimms': half a lemon, sliced; portion of cucumber, sliced; half an orange, quartered; a handful of strawberries, halved; a handful of mint leaves, crushed.

'Lemonade': juice of half a lemon, a handful of crushed mint leaves.

Pink and fruity: half a cup of frozen berries.

Place the ingredients in a large jug; pour water in and stir; refrigerate for a few hours or overnight. Poured through a strainer before drinking (unless you like floaty bits) and add ice, if you like.

If the jug's empty by bedtime, you know you've had your 8 glasses.

(I also drink the odd glass of unsweetened almond milk or coconut water and, of course, umpteen cups of herbal tea. And a large latte every couple of weeks - gotta have treats now and again.)

This is what I also do. And tea...hot and cold home brewed, no sugar.
  • xoyasminxo
    Options
    Tea, milk, milk alternatives.

I don't wanna start a war....but, powders and potions you add to water is not clean eating. I am surprised at a lot of peoples ideas for clean eating beverages. Real food doesn't come in a packet.

THANK YOU!!!!!
  • jlohcook
    jlohcook Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Typical day:
    A cup of water when I wake up.

A cup of freshly brewed coffee with low fat milk with breakfast.

A cup of Korean ginseng tea when I reach office.

2 cups of water before lunch.

Water or green tea or chrysanthemum tea with lunch.

A cup of flower tea after lunch

Couples more cup of water.

Bowl of soup for dinner (Chinese)

A cup of Camomile before sleep.

Other days - Need some sugar somedays - honey with water, milo, cereal with milk, once awhile soda.

1-2 glasses of wine a week. Sometimes.
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hot tea or iced tea. I drink Earl Grey, a variety of chai's, green teas, black teas, espresso.

Kettle One, water, and limes
    Red wine
    Milk
    Coconut dream (I think that's what it was...a boxed coconut drink, really tasty)

Syntha 6 Protein shakes with either milk or water
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Herbal tea
    Coffee
    ^ This
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    A slice of ginger and juice of half a lemon with boiling water first thing in the morning and then all day long. I might add some raspberry leaf tea into it later in the day.