Couch to 5K website

Options
2»

Replies

• abigailmariecs
    abigailmariecs Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have the c25k app from active.com on my phone and I love it. I did weeks 1-3 in my house just running back and forth then I moved it outside and started back at week 1. I have two small children that I push in a jogging stroller and when I first started I could not run a full 30 seconds when I was pushing the stroller.
  • CenterStage_596
    Options
    I haven't tried the website, but I use the C25k app for the iPhone (active.com version). It works great - I love it. It really helps you stay on track.

exercise.png
  • lawn819
    Options
    Your progress is both awesome and inspiring to me. Thanks for sharing!:smile:
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I haven't used the website but I used the free app on my phone. I did the C25K twice (both times after significant time off) and then went from C25K onto the Bridge to 10K (another free app). Both times I completed the C25K I did skip ahead a couple of times, but I also used to be a frequent 10k runner so some of the days were easy. It is a GREAT way either to start running for the first time ever, or to get back into it after time off. You can repeat or skip workouts as needed. It's great to have a guideline when you are first starting out so you don't overdo it. Good luck! :) When my knee is ready to run again, I will once again start the program, and then do the Bridge to 10k again. It's pretty awesome to see your progress with each run! :)
  • c_melanson
    c_melanson Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I started doing c25k again and once I got over the running out of breath hump it's become so much more enjoyable! I'm in the middle of week four. I first weighed myself at the beginning of week 3 and was 200 lbs, and just did a weigh in today and with the help of MFP for calorie counter, I lost 5 lbs. so proud of myself, woo! Definitely recommend trying it.
  • beautsarah
    beautsarah Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!