Calcium - especially necessary for soda drinkers

Options
Have you ever read the list of ingredients in your Coke or Pepsi? Whether it's regular or diet, it contains
phosphoric acid, WHICH CAN STEAL CALCIUM FROM YOUR BONES!

Phosphoric acid binds with calcium during digestion. If this calcium is not available from what you eat or a supplement, your body will break some down from your bones. You don't want any of that hard-earned weight loss to be bone loss - that would be no help in the end!

BEVERAGES CONTAINING PHOSPHORIC ACID:

Phosphoric acid is not only Coke and Pepsi, but also Dr. Pepper, bottled Diet Lipton iced tea, flavored Aquafina water, Gatorade Rain, and a number of related beverages. Most of these are from the Coke and Pepsi brands - Gatorade is owned by Pepsi - but always check the ingredients of soft drinks!

WHAT YOU CAN DO:

The best kind of calcium to consume is CALCIUM CITRATE. This form is most accessible - i.e. more of it is absorbed and less of it goes to waste.

Your body can only absorb 500 mg of calcium with in 3 hours, so save money by buying tablets with no more than 500 mg of calcium in each tablet.

ADDITIONAL BENEFITS OF CALCIUM:

Because calcium is an antacid, it calms the stomach and reduces appetite. Taking calcium in lieu of a mid-morning snack, and eating calcium-rich afternoon and evening snacks is a very healthy way to keep hunger at bay and develop healthy snacking habits.

For more information, look through the best diet book I have ever read: "How the Rich Get Thin" by Dr. Jana Klauer, M.D. She has written extensively on the topic.

Replies

• yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Have you ever read the list of ingredients in your Coke or Pepsi? Whether it's regular or diet, it contains
    phosphoric acid, WHICH CAN STEAL CALCIUM FROM YOUR BONES!

Phosphoric acid binds with calcium during digestion. If this calcium is not available from what you eat or a supplement, your body will break some down from your bones. You don't want any of that hard-earned weight loss to be bone loss - that would be no help in the end!

BEVERAGES CONTAINING PHOSPHORIC ACID:

Phosphoric acid is not only Coke and Pepsi, but also Dr. Pepper, bottled Diet Lipton iced tea, flavored Aquafina water, Gatorade Rain, and a number of related beverages. Most of these are from the Coke and Pepsi brands - Gatorade is owned by Pepsi - but always check the ingredients of soft drinks!

WHAT YOU CAN DO:

The best kind of calcium to consume is CALCIUM CITRATE. This form is most accessible - i.e. more of it is absorbed and less of it goes to waste.

Your body can only absorb 500 mg of calcium with in 3 hours, so save money by buying tablets with no more than 500 mg of calcium in each tablet.

ADDITIONAL BENEFITS OF CALCIUM:

Because calcium is an antacid, it calms the stomach and reduces appetite. Taking calcium in lieu of a mid-morning snack, and eating calcium-rich afternoon and evening snacks is a very healthy way to keep hunger at bay and develop healthy snacking habits.

For more information, look through the best diet book I have ever read: "How the Rich Get Thin" by Dr. Jana Klauer, M.D. She has written extensively on the topic.
  • 2bfwade3
    2bfwade3 Posts: 2
    Options
    does this book give specefics of a diet plan? I am looking for something to assist me in my new weight loss journey. Any good ideas?
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    It has a very specific diet plan. It's fast-working and completely healthy. It's also fully compatible with a lifestyle or career that requires a lot of dining out. And yet it also works if you cook your own meals.

You don't have to be "rich" for the plan to work. You just need the "failure-is-not-an-option" attitude that the author's patients share. So there is no "Cheat Day" in this diet plan. And there is no fast food.