Love my bed to much!!

Options
I have been setting my alarm this week for 5am one hour before I need to with the intention of going to the gym. How many times have I been? NOT BLOODY ONCE!! lol I keep turning the alarm off and re-setting it for 6am. I must have zero will power :)

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I've done the same thing the last few days plus I haven't been logging since my sons wedding. Bad!!! Gained a little.

Back on track on Monday when the last of the interstate visitors leave my house. Best of luck to you too :)
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I've just come to accept that getting up early to go to the gym is not something I'm capable of. I make time for it later.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds harsh, but if you want it, you just make time.

Some people are REALLY not morning people, and that's perfectly fine, it just means you need to find another time during the day.

What ever you do, my one key piece of advice is stick to the routine without fail for at least a couple of weeks, that will help make it a habit and it gets a lot easier after that.

Either that or try going to bed a bit earlier so you're not so tired in the morning! :laugh: :tongue:
  • HelloDan
    HelloDan Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I get up early naturally, so can't speak from experience, but have you tried any of the following:

Going to bed earlier

Gradually moving the time you wake up. Eg If normal to you is 8am, going straight to 5am will be a huge change, but gradually moving to 7:45 and then 7:30 etc. makes it much less of a shock.

Position the alarm in such a way that you can hear it, but cannot adjust it without physically getting out of bed. This can also work with multiple alarms, so you have to get out of bed and go to multiple locations to shut them off.
  • littletahoma
    littletahoma Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    That's true for me too...I try to do AM work outs and it is GREAT when I can be more consistent going in the evenings. Sleep is important too.

Hope you find a schedule that works good for you. I like to aim for 4 gym trips a week in the evenings, then at least once over the weekened. In between that, I am pretty active as well. I also do 2 yoga classes somewhere in there.

I notice if I miss a day or have an off week...my body does not feel as good.

Keep trying!!:happy:
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    for me, itis more about needing sleep thn will power. I struggle with a few health issues, I am fine if I get enough sleep, but too little throws me into a nasty tailspin.

and yet I can't sleep tonight. ARG! It has been a weird and stressful month.
  • maz2469
    maz2469 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i feel u - getting out of bed is sooo painful! but I do manage it, only by having two different sets of alarms set at different times... although snoozing is apparently not a great thing to do, i have about 15/20 mins of 2 alarms going off every 5 minutes (my partner must HATE me in the mornings!) and then I roll out of bed (very unwillingly) and walk downstairs with my eyes half open.....

Then it's a case of, if I don't get on with it I basically run out of time before work, and the pain of leaving the bed would otherwise have been for nothing & I cant have that, I love my bed too much!

But I couldn't bring my self to exercise in the evening... each to their own!
  • roguestates
    Options
    Maybe you're not a morning person? Exercise later in the day/night. It doesn't matter too much when you work out as long as you get it in :)
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    5am is early. I would stay in bed too. lol
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    My routine is to workout evening time 7pm/8pm - 9pm then home and shower and im often in bed by 10 (i really do love my bed)
    hate early mornings... Wouldnt suit me to workout then... Im lucky in that ive no kids so my life is my own
  • Ellas_Time_4_Change
    Options
    I've just come to accept that getting up early to go to the gym is not something I'm capable of. I make time for it later.

Exactly! I fit exercise around my life (and sleep) not the other way around!
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options

I agree with this. No way I could get up at 5am, so I do mine between 10:30-11:30 at night. It works for me and I'm tired after my workout so I have no problem getting to sleep, lol!
  • KetMed28
    KetMed28 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i've always worked out a little before going to bed. it doubles the quality of my sleep ;)
  • Katrina342
    Katrina342 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I try setting my alarm to get up and do some pilates... Never seems to happen... I have gotten up to exercise once, when I was doing a 30 day challenge and wouldn't have another opportunity to do it!!!! I was so proud, but it was really hard because I was so hungry :P
  • crazy_ninja
    crazy_ninja Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I would stay in bed, too :)

5am is damn early....
  • MrJase
    MrJase Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Exactly! I fit exercise around my life (and sleep) not the other way around!
    [/quote]

I definately think your right.

Well thanks for the advice guys, I think I'm just going to accept the fact that morning workouts are just not for me and stick to working out at 9pm at night.

Keep training guys and all the best :)
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I'm a morning gym-goer, and I love it. BUT when I first started, or after I take a break (e.g. when I've been traveling or during a cross-country move) the first week to two weeks back is horrible. Getting up feels almost painful. My husband is the same way. Like any routine, it just takes a while to get accustomed to, so give it a little time. Also, try to go to bed an hour earlier than normal, you can't go to bed at the usual time, then try to get up an hour earlier an expect your body not to protest.
  • leslie4302
    leslie4302 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've just accepted the fact that I am not a morning person, and morning workouts are not going to happen. My best workout time is about 6-7 in the evening. Has to be after work, but any later than that and I can't sleep that night. It's all about what works for you.