What are your favorite snacks?

Options
They may not be so low, but I love love loooove almonds and peanuts! However, I wish they weren't so high in calories- I'd eat them all day. I also love fresh baby carrots. Strawberries, bananas, apples and pears are also my must haves! They're delicious and also help keep me satisfied until my next meal. Fiber bars are awesome too. I always choose something chocolate, to take care of my chocolate fix of course :)

What are you snacking on?

Replies

• zechks
    zechks Posts: 224
    Options
    They may not be so low, but I love love loooove almonds and peanuts! However, I wish they weren't so high in calories- I'd eat them all day. I also love fresh baby carrots. Strawberries, bananas, apples and pears are also my must haves! They're delicious and also help keep me satisfied until my next meal. Fiber bars are awesome too. I always choose something chocolate, to take care of my chocolate fix of course :)

Right now, raw almonds.
    But ideally it's extra large pizza. Lol
  • janemem
    janemem Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Home made pickled vegetables and chilli peppers are my go to snack as they're really low cal, good for me and also just happen to taste delicious!
    Oh, and pickled eggs too, a great way to get a spicy protein hit. :happy:
  • ningggsm
    Options

Right now, raw almonds.

I love raw almonds. And pizza. We must never speak of such foods. Kills me that I havn't had one in forevers. Lol.
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Almonds. Ive become slightly addicted to them (probably because Im a cherry bakewell addict at heart) I chooce almonds over almost anything else right now!
  • ningggsm
    Options
    Home made pickled vegetables and chilli peppers are my go to snack as they're really low cal, good for me and also just happen to taste delicious!

Nice :) I like chili peppers as well. I've never tried pickled eggs though. Do you make them yourself? Or are they store bought?
  • zechks
    zechks Posts: 224
    Options

Right now, raw almonds.

I love raw almonds. And pizza. We must never speak of such foods. Kills me that I havn't had one in forevers. Lol.

Yeah almonds, my calorie bumper! I could only eat 60 grams per day though.
    And pizza, wow that's my reward for eating clean for 12 weeks. So right now i've never cheated for 4 weeks straight. I still have
    8 more weeks then I'll have 4 or maybe 5 big slices of Papa John's (the works). Oh ning, we should sleep now, you're killing me with this topic. Hahaha
  • Jmals
    Jmals Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love baby carrots with hummus! mmm

I also like to slice up cucumber and squeeze some fresh lime on them. You can at a bit of salt too. Lime juice and salt usually goes well in salads too. Its a good option if you aren't a fan of vinegar dressings or store bought dressings.
  • janemem
    Options

Nice :) I like chili peppers as well. I've never tried pickled eggs though. Do you make them yourself? Or are they store bought?

I make them myself as my son keeps chickens so we always have plenty of eggs (hurrah!).
    I just simmer some vinegar (whichever you like) with chilli peppers, garlic and whatever spices I fancy.
    Boil the eggs for about 7 minutes, cool, peel and put into a sterilised screw top jar then pour the vinegar and spices over the eggs.
    They're best if you leave them for a month or two as the vinegar has a chance to mellow and all the flavours really get into the eggs.
    Also, depending what vinegar you use and what you put in it the eggs will take on the colour, I've made some really pretty pink eggs before. :happy:
  • ningggsm
    Options

Right now, raw almonds.

Yeah almonds, my calorie bumper! I could only eat 60 grams per day though.
    And pizza, wow that's my reward for eating clean for 12 weeks. So right now i've never cheated for 4 weeks straight. I still have
    8 more weeks then I'll have 4 or maybe 5 big slices of Papa John's (the works). Oh ning, we should sleep now, you're killing me with this topic. Hahaha

Haha. Well I didn't expect someone to reply with pizza! Now I'm seriously getting hungry... thanks CJ. Lol.
  • eatrainsmile
    eatrainsmile Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I cant stop with 10 almonds or 10 peanuts so it's best not to snack on them alone. Fat is digested slowly and doesnt effect your blood sugar so you dont understand that you are full until you have eaten a cup of them. Apples, brown rice cakes, whole wheat crackers, protein powder, plums, carrot sticks, dry roasted crunchy chickpeas, boiled chickpeas are my fav. snack foods at the office. because when I am hungry I know my blood sugar is low so I need carbs. If I am at home, I prepare a mini meal.
  • Farburnfred
    Farburnfred Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Almonds :) (very carefully weighed out), nak'd bars (one!), greek yoghurt, blueberries
  • ningggsm
    Options

I make them myself as my son keeps chickens so we always have plenty of eggs (hurrah!).
    I just simmer some vinegar (whichever you like) with chilli peppers, garlic and whatever spices I fancy.
    Boil the eggs for about 7 minutes, cool, peel and put into a sterilised screw top jar then pour the vinegar and spices over the eggs.
    They're best if you leave them for a month or two as the vinegar has a chance to mellow and all the flavours really get into the eggs.
    Also, depending what vinegar you use and what you put in it the eggs will take on the colour, I've made some really pretty pink eggs before. :happy:

Surprisingly, this sounds good. I love boiled eggs and spices- so this is just awesome. I think I'll try this sometime, thank you for sharing :)
  • ningggsm
    Options
    I love baby carrots with hummus! mmm

I also like to slice up cucumber and squeeze some fresh lime on them. You can at a bit of salt too. Lime juice and salt usually goes well in salads too. Its a good option if you aren't a fan of vinegar dressings or store bought dressings.

Omg. Cucumber and fresh lime sounds delicious right now. I havn't tried it yet, but I definitely will. Thank you!
  • Prestissima
    Prestissima Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs (easy to fix&transport), celery stalks, bell pepper, walnuts, blueberries, figs... And dark chocolate of course :)
  • KetMed28
    KetMed28 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    walnut / almond + blueberry yoghurt !
  • MTBSolo
    MTBSolo Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Apricots and figs ...... but I only buy small packets otherwise I'd eat loads of them in one go. Also chocolate hob nobs but they are not even allowed IN the house :laugh:
  • janemem
    Options

Surprisingly, this sounds good. I love boiled eggs and spices- so this is just awesome. I think I'll try this sometime, thank you for sharing :)

You're welcome. :happy:
    A bonus to pickling the eggs is that they last forever so if you make a big jar up you'll be munching them for a long time. :happy:
  • HappyandToned
    HappyandToned Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Oh my God, raw almonds are my absolute favourite healthy snack, EVER! But.. I don't buy them anymore, because I don't stop at the recommended daily intake. I tell myself I'll eat 25.. 25 turns to 100.. and then my stomach starts cramping and I feel like ****. lol
  • ningggsm
    Options
    Oh my God, raw almonds are my absolute favourite healthy snack, EVER! But.. I don't buy them anymore, because I don't stop at the recommended daily intake. I tell myself I'll eat 25.. 25 turns to 100.. and then my stomach starts cramping and I feel like ****. lol

Haha. I know what you mean, it's really hard to stop being that they're hella' delicious. Smart move btw- to stop buying them. I crave for them a lot- so doing that will only make me go crazy. Lol.
  • HappyandToned
    HappyandToned Posts: 49 Member
    Options

Haha. I know what you mean, it's really hard to stop being that they're hella' delicious. Smart move btw- to stop buying them. I crave for them a lot- so doing that will only make me go crazy. Lol.

Yeah, I hear ya.. I don't buy them for ages.. then I start getting crazy cravings for them and buy them.. every time I tell myself that I can control my portions and I can stop at 25. never works.. ever! I made the mistake of getting almond butter the other day.. took a spoonful of it, just to see how it tastes.. ended up eating half the jar. Damn you, almonds! :/