Question about running speed...

Options
Healthier_Me
Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
I know this question has been asked several times but I'm too tired & drugged up with allergy pills to even try to look it up....

How can I figure out how fast I'm running?

~Joanna:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Healthier_Me
    Options
    I know this question has been asked several times but I'm too tired & drugged up with allergy pills to even try to look it up....

How can I figure out how fast I'm running?

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • captaincavey
    Options
    It is real easy just time yourself for a mile and then you go under the exersise portion of this site and put in jogging. It will tell you the speed you ran depending on the time for that mile.
    If you want to know what your total run avg is you need to figure out how far you are running and if you run 3.1 miles and it takes you 45 min. you would divide 45 by 3.1 to get your pace then look up your pace under the exersise part of this site.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    you can enter Running or Jogging under exercise, it give the same list with pretty much every time listed already.
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    I feel like such a ditz right now.... Thanks guys :blushing:
  • mfeidbo
    mfeidbo Posts: 24
    Options
    My question is why does it say you burn less calories running at a slower speed like 10 minute mile vs. 9 miute mile, when depending on your fitness level, You could be burning a HUGE amount just due to being out of shape. Like for me... running a 10 minute mile for 5 miles really kills. I have to be burning a ton of calories.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    My question is why does it say you burn less calories running at a slower speed like 10 minute mile vs. 9 miute mile, when depending on your fitness level, You could be burning a HUGE amount just due to being out of shape. Like for me... running a 10 minute mile for 5 miles really kills. I have to be burning a ton of calories.

I think you answered your own question! "Depending on your fitness level"....MFP cannot take into account all of the factors that result in total calories burned. A HRM is a great way to not rely on 'general' information.

My treadmill said I burned 378, my HRM said 393 and MFP said 327! Somewhere in between lies the truth!! I logged my HRM monitor so I could eat more!! :drinker:
  • mfeidbo
    mfeidbo Posts: 24
    Options
    love it!