No Longer Overweight Per BMI!

Options
I've been on MFP since February 2nd, at which time I weighed in at 177 pounds, and a BMI of 29.5 given my height of 5'5". Today, after more than eight months I weighed in at 149.4, for a BMI of 24.9, no longer in the "overweight" zone! This was one of my goals for September, and I'm over the moon! :bigsmile:

I've still got a way to go to get to my goal weight and continue to work on my general fitness and strength, but I'm *so* happy right now. I know that less than 30 pounds in 8 months isn't quick, but it is working for me. Slow and steady is winning this race for me.

Anyone want to celebrate my achievement by becoming my friend? :wink:

Replies

• droopy3131
    droopy3131 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!! Keep up the success!!!
  • Isileo
    Isileo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You should be very proud or yourself.

I would be happy to celebrate with you by becoming your friend but be warned I don't update my diaries as I should. :(
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Good job can't wait to be there myself
  • thingeringer
    thingeringer Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Wow! A great day. Congrats! Can't wait to get there.
  • Takarameri
    Takarameri Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    That's a great victory!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I'm so close I can feel it!! I think that's my next month goal maybe? I'm a wee bit taller than you and weigh 157 so it's coming soon :D
  • TravelDog14
    TravelDog14 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Excellent!

I've moved from the obese down to the overweight category, and am so looking forward to moving on to the normal category.
  • Rabbit914
    Rabbit914 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Can't wait to be out of the overweight category!!
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    Options
    Nicely done! I just got there myself recently, and still losing. I can't wait to go for a physical now to not hear the doctor say I'm overweight :)
  • hydelaa
    hydelaa Posts: 184
    Options
    Right on! :-)
  • bev0l0
    Options
    You must be over the moon happy!!!! It took a lot of sheer determination to get there I am sure. Well Done.:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!