What kind of Pedometer do you use?

Options
I am having the hardest time looking for an accurate pedometer. I want to track my steps a day but the pedometers I've used all are inaccurate. I hate how I bump into something it counts as a step or lean over to pick up my nie Anyone have any suggestions on what kind I should use?

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I had a Tanita PD 724 which was accurate but a bit big so I the bought a fitbit.

http://www.tanita.com/en/pd724/
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Strivv is awesome! It tracks steps, running steps, stairs and a rough calorie estimate. There's also a few built in rewards systems :)
  • Debell92
    Options
    I use the Sportline 955 pedometer watch. It is a little large but it's awesome and it's very comfy.
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    fitbit
  • Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit and LOVE it! They just came out with some new ones as well.
  • BrettS1973
    BrettS1973 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My fitbit is great. Tried a few its been most accurate and least annoying by far.
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Fitbit! It syncs to MFP and has graphs, etc. online. Cool toy! Oh and it also issues you challenges by way of "badges."
  • kcoftx
    Options
    Having tried a few though, I will give you a hint. Do not buy the ones that require you to clip it. The ability to clip it is a must have feature but the ones that can be put in the pocket, worn around the neck, etc. are activated by motion and the clip it only version is typically activated by spring motion. They are far less accurate because they require careful placement for the spring load to work properly.
  • beckssmith70
    Options
    I have fitbit, no better than any other tbh but paying for the fact that it monitors your sleep and syncs with here, if you do not find the latter essential I would not say it really is worth the extra.
  • 1kimberley72
    1kimberley72 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been using a Fitbit since April and love it. You don't need to know stride length like a lot of other pedometers, and it's been the most accurate so far. You can put it in your pocket, clip it to your pants or even your bra and it remains accurate.
  • kcoftx
    Options
    I've been using a Fitbit since April and love it. You don't need to know stride length like a lot of other pedometers, and it's been the most accurate so far. You can put it in your pocket, clip it to your pants or even your bra and it remains accurate.

Actually, fitbit does allow you to change the stride length. If it is working for you, then it is likely you are fitting the average demographic.
  • pj27559
    pj27559 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I don't use a pedometer too often, but I found the free "Sporty Pal" app for my android phone to be pretty good
  • justalittleTLC
    justalittleTLC Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! This definitely helps!! I appreciate all your input!
  • deborah0123
    Options
    I have been using one I found free for my IPhone...it works great..
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Omron :)
  • justjenn1977
    justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I used to use an omron hj-112... decent... accurate... only 25$... used it for several years... recently upgraded to fitbit and gave my omron away...

omron... liked that I could drop it... often... and it was sturdier than any that I bought at walmart... (you really do get what you paid for)... liked the battery life...

fitbit... like that it auto syncs... but wish I could get it to not sync calories... I may unsync it with mfp because I don't eat back cals and I find that frustrating to do the math... like that it counts "stairs"... I do a LOT of hiking... and it is interesting to know that one of my favorite hikes is a climb of 58 flights ;)

I also use an ap called cardiotrainer that tracks all kinds of cardio... hiking/biking/cycling... and it gives me maps...