question about calories

everyone keeps telling me that you should eat your excercise calories but i feel better when i don't. when I eat my excercise calories I feel all fat and bloated. I eat 1200 calories a day and burn about 1000 at the gym (1 hour of running and 1 hour of strength trainging.) what should I do?

Replies

• ambertimmons21
    ambertimmons21 Posts: 409 Member
    everyone keeps telling me that you should eat your excercise calories but i feel better when i don't. when I eat my excercise calories I feel all fat and bloated. I eat 1200 calories a day and burn about 1000 at the gym (1 hour of running and 1 hour of strength trainging.) what should I do?
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    So your only getting 200 calories for the day?
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    well if you continue the way you are you will lose LARGE amounts for a week or 2, then you will stop losing all together. Then you will begin gaining weight back, with no changes to your diet. Eventually you will get frustrated and give up on the diet. You will go back to eating regularly and you will gain weight like you've never gained before. You will wind up angry, depressed, and with even more weight to lose. Please eat your excercise calories, you are really screwing over your metabolism.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    well if you continue the way you are you will lose LARGE amounts for a week or 2, then you will stop losing all together. Then you will begin gaining weight back, with no changes to your diet. Eventually you will get frustrated and give up on the diet. You will go back to eating regularly and you will gain weight like you've never gained before. You will wind up angry, depressed, and with even more weight to lose. Please eat your excercise calories, you are really screwing over your metabolism.

wow! the incredible ramblings of a brilliant woman!

listen to her, she is right!! EAT YOUR CALORIES!!
  • ambertimmons21
    ambertimmons21 Posts: 409 Member
    ok how do I eat my excercise calories and not feel all fat and bloated. I would have to just sit there and stuff my face all day. I already eat 7 times a day. ( breakfast, 3 snacks througout the day lunch, dinner, and a protein shake at the gym.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    What are you eating that's making you feel bloated?

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • I would eat lots of fruits, vegetables and nuts. Think about adding about 150 alories to each of your 7 meals. This way you won't feel so bloated trying to eat them all at once.
  • mfeidbo
    mfeidbo Posts: 24
    I get that way when I eat too many carbs: gluten in particular. Might want to lay off the wheat. I know it sounds nearly impossible, but substitute brown rice for the carb in your meals, and you'll fill up the calories real quick... and rice is very easy to digest.

Also, protein drinks, tend to be loaded with sugar, if not aspertame and or splenda. The later two are known to cause bad stomach pains whereas sugar, is what causes gas.

a little graphic, but there ya go.