Off the meds

Options
Well I started the weight loss because I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes last september along with high cholestrol and high blood pressure. So I was put on Metformin for the diabetes, Crestor for the cholestrol, Benicar and Tekturna for blood pressure. Went to the doctor yesterday with 50 lbs of weight loss and all my numbers were perfect. BP was 118 over 60, glucose was 95, A1C was 5.5, cholestrol was great, etc, etc.....

So the doc took me off all the meds and I will be back for another check up in 2 months. I hope my diet and excercise program will keep me off all the meds. I only have 12 lbs to go to meet my original goal but I plan to keep excercising so I may exceed my goal which would be great.

Thanks for all the help from the folks on this site. Just goes to prove that with some hard work and proper eating being healthy is not that hard.

Replies

• HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    That is FABULOUS!!!! You should be very proud of yourself! You rock!!!
  • Essence320
    Essence320 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I know that's an amazing feeling!
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    OHHHHHH WOW.......... this is wonderful news!!!!!!! Congratulations on all your successes... :drinker: Keep it up! :happy:
  • rockwife
    Options
    congratulations!!!! You give me hope.
  • klybarger
    Options
    That is so terrific! And I'm sure you feel so much better too! Wishing you continued success!
  • Ladybug610
    Ladybug610 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That's HUGE!!!! Great job!!!!!! You have changed you life for the better! congratulations!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Celestia
    Celestia Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You give hope to many people with your story. Thank you for sharing it.
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Now you need a ticker for amount of $$$ saved on drugs! Congrats!
  • estorapugh
    estorapugh Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...for posting this Wonderful News!! I have had high blood pressure for 12 yrs, Type 2 diabetes for 5 yrs and recently learned I have too low a count on my good cholestrol levels! Before I started Myfitnesspal, less than 27 days ago and 11 pounds lighter...I thought about going for a Lapband procedure. I was so despreate to find a way to stop taking all the medicine and get my health back! Now, I'm so thankful for Myfitnesspal and the community of friends I've found there.
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that is wonderful!
  • goldsguy
    Options
    You are truly blessed, keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!