Exercises for the love handles

Options
Hi guys,

What exercises have you done/ are doing to get rid of these??
I had a c section 7 weeks ago & it's not very pretty lol.
Pictures would be a bonus if you have some!

:-)

Replies

• charlena48
    charlena48 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have been walking for several months. I can tell in my pants and how baggy they are in that area. I don't have any photos. Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • fattarzan
    Options
    My dear friend, (with all due respect)

sprinting works just great as far as research that I've done and applied it to myself. still working on that too and going down, though it the hardest of all your body fat to get rid of.

:flowerforyou:
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Honestly there is no specific exercise that will aid in burning the fat around the waist. Stay patient and continue as you are now and in time your body will lose the muffin top.

Always remember there is no such thing as spot reduction...
  • TKCG74
    TKCG74 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Did I hear you correctly, you had a C section 7 weeks ago?

First, congrats on the little one. I hope everything is well.

Second, it took 9 months to get those handles and it many take 9 months to get rid of them.

As for exercises, any cardio and some lite wieght training should do the tick. Remember it takes time, and go slow and Don't try and kill yourself.

Good luck.
  • Starbuck2020
    Starbuck2020 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You know those inclined benches where the top of your body isn't supported and you do basically....reverse situps. You put your hands behind your head and lower your top half down then up. It is like a sit up for your back. They help tone that area.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    At seven weeks post-partum, I would assume the doctor has cleared you for exercise. (Mine cleared me in 6 weeks, but I waited about 15 years:laugh:) I'm going to say to do some squats and utilize the food diary to track your diet! And be patient! Like someone else said, it will not come off right away.
  • BlueJean4114
    BlueJean4114 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Honestly there is no specific exercise that will aid in burning the fat around the waist. Stay patient and continue as you are now and in time your body will lose the muffin top.

i knew someone would say that, but, thing is, sometimes even underweight ppl or 'normal' weight ppl, can have lumpy areas.
    Two ppl at exact same weight, can look entirely differently from each other due to exercise.

don't let others discourage you from exercising. (there will be pages and pages of ppl stopping by to pass on that "you can't spot reduce" motto, but, i'd bet most of them will have never given birth, either)

As well as weight loss,
    one can do pilates for free, there are free videos on youtube.

I do a few pilates type of stretches/toning moves,
    which seem to be helping reshape me.

One i do,
    for muffin top areas,
    is
    i lean forward, so my top half is almost parallel to the floor,
    and hold onto bedpost, or a kitchen bar stool,
    and lift up my leg way up behind me,
    swinging it side to side, til i feel that pull along the sides of waist and upper hip area.,,,,,,then i move the leg back and forth or around, riiiiiiiight there.

then i also bend that leg, and move it again,
    curling it up under me, til i feel that muffin top area 'pull' a bit,
    just twisting around til i find that position that pulls where muffin tops are, then i move the leg back and forth riiiiight there.

seems to be helping, my clothes fit better each week, although my actual weight loss is slow so far.

worth a try anyway,
    btw, hope you are breastfeeding, wow, i could NOT keep weight on me while breastfeeding, i literally had to eat all day long it seems, and still was losing weight like a snowman in spring....i wore a good support bra 24/7 and no damage was done, went on to wear string bikinis for decades afterwards.
  • kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options

i knew someone would say that, but, thing is, sometimes even underweight ppl or 'normal' weight ppl, can have lumpy areas.
    Two ppl at exact same weight, can look entirely differently from each other due to exercise.

don't let others discourage you from exercising. (there will be pages and pages of ppl stopping by to pass on that "you can't spot reduce" motto, but, i'd bet most of them will have never given birth, either)

As well as weight loss,
    one can do pilates for free, there are free videos on youtube.

I do a few pilates type of stretches/toning moves,
    which seem to be helping reshape me.

One i do,
    for muffin top areas,
    is
    i lean forward, so my top half is almost parallel to the floor,
    and hold onto bedpost, or a kitchen bar stool,
    and lift up my leg way up behind me,
    swinging it side to side, til i feel that pull along the sides of waist and upper hip area.,,,,,,then i move the leg back and forth or around, riiiiiiiight there.

then i also bend that leg, and move it again,
    curling it up under me, til i feel that muffin top area 'pull' a bit,
    just twisting around til i find that position that pulls where muffin tops are, then i move the leg back and forth riiiiight there.

seems to be helping, my clothes fit better each week, although my actual weight loss is slow so far.

worth a try anyway,
    btw, hope you are breastfeeding, wow, i could NOT keep weight on me while breastfeeding, i literally had to eat all day long it seems, and still was losing weight like a snowman in spring....i wore a good support bra 24/7 and no damage was done, went on to wear string bikinis for decades afterwards.

Thanks for your comments those who were helpful.

Haha BlueJean I knew someone would say that too... I've done my PT course, I just wanted to see what some people had done and what worked for them lol. Oh well.