Just starting and need a friend.

Options
Hello Everyone!

I started using MFP on Monday and I'm glad to be here. I struggle with being consistent but really need to make a change. I am 5"3 and weight 175. That's 5 more lbs than I weighed last December when I gave birth to my daughter! I lost my dad in June and have gained 15lbs since then. I am severely depressed over my dad and just life circumstances and eat dessert all day long and watch way too much TV. My dad's birthday was September 12th and he would have been 52. I started doing 52 random acts of kindness in his honor and want to do one a week ( or day) for the next 52 weeks. One of my " acts of kindness" is to take care of myself. I have 3 small children and they need a healthy energetic mama. I would like to lose 52 lbs by my dad's next birthday. That would bring me to my college weight 10 years ago. My kids birthday's are exactly 3 months apart and I want to lose 13lbs each time. So far, so good. I've stayed under my calories everyday and it was made me so much more aware of how much I eat. I really hope I can do this!

Replies

• allgoodthings
    allgoodthings Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm also 5'3"!

I love the random acts of kindness. Great idea!
  • triplettamy
    Options
    Thank-you! I'm brand new and not sure how to add anyone or even what that means. Is it like fb?
  • triplettamy
    Options
    The random Acts of kindness has been wonderful. I started in July and did 52 acts by his birthday. I stated a group on fb and was shocked at how many people participated and seeing all the wonderful things people did. I got my 2 and 5 year old involved and they loved it. We did things like sending than-you notes and cookies to the pediatrician and staff, filling washers at the laundry mat with quarters and passing out cookies to strangers in the grocery store. It was fun and we're gonna keep doing it.
  • Izzwoz
    Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    That sounds amazing, think I might join you on that - my first random act of kindness will be my friend request to you, if I can help with motivation, I will certainly, I feel like this time I am in it for real! :-) Going ok so far, bit slow but that is probably healthier anyways!
  • noriri
    noriri Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Continue keeping goals in front of you. Small goals are recommended until you reach your ultimate goal. So very sorry for your loss. My dad was 52 when he passed away, massive heart attack, I was just 11 at the time. That in my estimation, played into my lifelong struggle with weight....learned to stuff my feelings. Anyway you will find support here. This site is great!
  • triplettamy
    Options
    Thank-you!!