Burning calories while strength training

Options
I have a question. When I'm logging in my exercise for the day, I see that I'm burning calories for cardio but MFP doesn't show you how many calories you have burned for strength training. Can anyone give me insight on this?

Replies

• Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I have a question. When I'm logging in my exercise for the day, I see that I'm burning calories for cardio but MFP doesn't show you how many calories you have burned for strength training. Can anyone give me insight on this?

Enter strength training as a cardio excercise. There are entries for it.
  • tammyp1
    tammyp1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Had the same problem You can only enter your calories burned through the cardio portion only. To specify a strength workout- go to Exercise tab at top, then click on My Exercises on blue tab, then click green box that says Create Exercise. This way you can enter your own description such as Chest and Back, then enter your calorie count. Best way to know calorie count is to wear a heart rate monitor during workout. Hope this helps.
  • Lishia1283
    Lishia1283 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your help. I will start doing that from now on because I'm probably losing out on some extra calories I could be eating :smile:
  • BeckySBowen
    BeckySBowen Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Great post...I've been wondering the same thing. :smile: