Before and after study abroad

Options
Hey everyone!

SO I just started on here yesterday, but I have been doing the weight loss game for a long time now. When I first started I was 300 lbs, but unfortunately I deleted all of those pictures so now I just have some from a year ago. Before I left to Italy I was around 235 lbs now I am 205 lbs. So total weight loss is 30 lbs in about 4 months of me being over there. I returned about 3 months ago and have been maintaining very well, but I decided to come on here for extra support :) Here are the pics!

Before: This picture is in Prague, Czech Republic a one week study tour with my school and is from Oct 2011

Praguebefore_zps52bdbe2a.jpg

After: This picture is from the end of my study abroad experience and is from May 2012

Italy-Middle_zpsffa4100b.jpg

Replies

• haylz247
    Options
    pictures aren't showing! :(
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    can't see the pics!
  • Elissalove
    Elissalove Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Can't see the pics, but I lost weight while living in Italy for 6 months lol. The food is just...better!
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    The pics didn't show but I will say I also lost considerable weight while living abroad (Czech Republic for a year) but be very mindful of what you put in your mouth here because our food is SOOO processed while theres isn't, which made a HUGE difference for me
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    My son studied in Rome last spring and lost 40lbs. Although he ate pizza, pasta, and gelato, he also did far more walking than he normally does. He said he drank tons more water because of the water fountains all over the city. Since returning, he's been working out more to maintain the loss.

Good for you!
  • mmwien
    Options
    Can't see the pics, but I lost weight while living in Italy for 6 months lol. The food is just...better!

Yes it is! :)))
  • morgyluv
    Options
    I thought I had the pics are figured out, but I was wrong lol SO I looked up how to do it and after 20 mins I got it ;) sorry about the delay
  • morgyluv
    Options
    Yeah I didn't really limit so much my eating, but between the walking, going to the gym, and dancing till 5 am I was able to lose the weight! I still ate pizza weekly over there, but I cut pasta out after a month because it got really repetitive and boring. So instead I ate fresh vegetables and couscous.
  • ckhardeman
    ckhardeman Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    You look awesome. Great job
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!