Anyone have a fitbit tracker?

Options
So its my birthday next month and I've seen the fitbit tracker that integrates with MFP as a possible present request!! Does anyone use fitbit or have any exeperience with it? Are they any good and worth the money?

Thanks!

Replies

• Jaidnoire
    Jaidnoire Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've got the Ultra - bought it last month - and I love it. Always been a gadget girl so paired with a cheap HRM, the fitbit is definitely keeping the whole thing fun and me motivated! Really enjoying seeing the steps and stairs I'm taking and I'm compelled to do more and more, going out of my way to rack up steps and activity points. I can't sync it at work so it's a fun challenge to follow my caloric allotment and move as much as possible so that when I get home and finally do sync, I see how many extra exercise calories I've earned.. :)

Being one to get discouraged with my workout plans, I feel like the fitbit (plus a new attitude re: my health), will help me reach my goals.
  • zeemom08
    zeemom08 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just got mine a month ago too and love it!!! I find myself trying to meet/beat my daily goals and I have lost 6 lbs since I got it. My husband just told me that they are coming out with a new model that will sync to your smartphone in addition to your home base. Wish I would have waited to get that one.
  • missjewl
    missjewl Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I have had mine for a few months now and im totally addicted! I dont go anywhere without if... on the couple days i did forget to put it on i felt naked without it :) i like challenging myself to do more steps everyday ... love it!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Tw new ones have just been released. The Zip is cheaper. If you do a search you will find loads of posts on this.
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Have had mine a lil over a week and love it. I wear it all the time, well except for in the shower.
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    If you don't sync it with MFP, how exactly is it different from a pedometer that measures calories etc.?
  • roswyn80
    roswyn80 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I love my FitBit! I feel lost if I'm not wearing it. XD In fact, I love mine so much that I bought my mum one for her birthday last month... I'm not sure she's digging it quite as much as I dig mine, but I wish everyone could have one. :D
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    how does it work?
  • Chelz2013
    Chelz2013 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I got the Flex and just got it set up, working, tracking, and syncing. Go here to see devices and see comparisons:
    https://www.fitbit.com/comparison/trackers

I like the Flex because I can wear the bracelet and I like how it tracks steps, movement, calories burned, and tracks sleep (or lack thereof). I will be joining a friend online to be competitive in hitting 10,000 steps a day. (fun because she's in a different state!) I haven't linked to MFP yet, but you can.
    You still need an HRM (heart rate monitor) to track some exercise that won't be picked up by the Fitbit. I don't think it would track swimming laps and I don't think it tracks me riding the exercise bike at the gym properly).
    For me personally, I think its a great motivator to help me stay on track. I can sync up throughout the day and see how active I've been (outside of logging my exercise on MFP)
  • misko555
    misko555 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Fitbit is a good choice, for that price you really get the most from an activity tracking device. Many people have lost some decent weight with Fitbit tracker. It really motivates you to get up and going.

http://progressgear.com/category/fitness-trackers/fitbit/