Breakfast Ideas

Options
I am not a big traditional breakfast eater ( I prefer to just eat leftovers). I need some good easy recipes that I can make on Sunday or Monday that I can use all week. or something that takes about 5 min in the morning to make.

Replies

• fleerik
    fleerik Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Right now I an eating low fat cottage cheese and fresh fruit!
  • JamesFarran1
    JamesFarran1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I usually have porridge with a bit of honey or scrambled eggs on two slices of wholegrain toast. On busy days just take a protein shake with ultra fine oats!
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    http://paleomg.com/savory-breakfast-casserole/

Make this Sunday night and reheat what you want every morning. It's delicious!!
  • mllst18
    mllst18 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Omelets are great because they are quick, and you can change up all the ingredients inside to keep them satisfying!
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Kelogs flat bread sandwiches. 200 cals a piece and super yummy

Yoplait chocolate banana smoothies. 260 calories prepared and tastes close to a real shake. I also put a tbsp of PB in it. zomg...sooo good.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I make a shredded potato crust quiche that you can add any meat like bacon or ham to, or eat plain. I often make a huge dish for supper and then eat it for breakfast for several days. If you use low fat milk, it's not too bad for you. Let me know if you want the recipe.
  • fitbugfreak
    fitbugfreak Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with strawberries, blueberries, bananas or a mix of all of them. Sometimes I add a scoop of whey proten to it to get in my morning protein. Oatmeal keeps you full for quite awhile!
  • chljlleal
    chljlleal Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I make a shredded potato crust quiche that you can add any meat like bacon or ham to, or eat plain. I often make a huge dish for supper and then eat it for breakfast for several days. If you use low fat milk, it's not too bad for you. Let me know if you want the recipe.

Can I have the recipe please? :-D
  • ktmmom189
    ktmmom189 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Right now I am on pumpkin bran oatmeal. It is awesome.
  • mandyneedtolose
    mandyneedtolose Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I have done in the past is make a big pot of steel cut oats, freeze it into individual servings and in the morning all you have to do is microwave it and add your topppings like cinnamon, almond milk, ect. Also I premake ground turkey or chicken patties, after they are cooked I freeze them. And in the mornings I warm one up and dry fry 2 eggs and have that. Its protein packed and under 300 calories! :)
  • Rage4lightning
    Rage4lightning Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My current favorite and quick breakfast is a fried egg and cream cheese on an everything bagel thin (the brand I use is Thomas). Add in a piece of fruit, and I can stay full for several hours at under 300 calories.
  • LadyBella1i
    Options
    I don't know how it will freeze, but I have made an oatmeal "muffin." I found it on Pinterest, but I have made some changes. Take a coffee mug (or similar dish) and to it add: 1/4 (small mug) to 1/2 cup (large mug) of Quick Oats, 1 small to large egg, 1 teaspoon dry sweetener (sugar or brown sugar, or equivalent), about 1/4 cup of fruit (blueberries, apple sauce or chunks, etc), dash to 1/2 teaspoon of spice (I have only used cinnamon so far), and a splash of milk (I use fat free). Mix it after each addition, and Microwave on high for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes (1000 watt microwave). It's done when it's poofed up at or just over the rim. You can eat it from the mug, but it's really hot. I just put a plate on the mug and invert it, and add more fruit as a side.
  • melodylyn73
    melodylyn73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    oatmeal muffin in a mug sounds really yummy!
  • AlexandraLynch
    Options
    When I needed breakfast every morning, I diced ham, onion, and green pepper every weekend and put them in containers in the fridge.

In the morning, break the egg and beat it, add a spoonful of each of the above, add a small pinch of shredded cheddar, and yum.
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    A super easy, low cal breakfast that takes less than 1 minute! Lil' Smokies Turkey sausages. a serving size is 5 links:

Calories 80 Sodium 480 mg
    Total Fat 5 g Potassium 0 mg
    Saturated 2 g Total Carbs 3 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 0 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 1 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 8 g
    Cholesterol 35 mg

Sometimes if I'm really hungry I'll have 2 servings, which is still only 160 calories. Just throw them in the microwave for 15-30 seconds