So frustrated

Options
I broke my foot, haven't been able to exercise much and I'm gaining weight back. I need to figure something out...

Replies

• kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Start tracking what you're eating, if you're gaining weight you're eating more than you should. Also, don't be so hard on yourself, you broke your foot, give yourself a chance to recover!
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    You arms still work, get some weights! And, as said above, if you aren't working out, be sure you are keeping your daily intake within the limits.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Start tracking what you're eating, if you're gaining weight you're eating more than you should. Also, don't be so hard on yourself, you broke your foot, give yourself a chance to recover!

She's right. Also make sure your activity level is now set to sedentary. Finally, you can exercise - just not on your foot. There are lots of upper body exercises you can do sitting (think small weights and strength training while watching tv). There are also ab exercises you can do lying down that don't involve your legs. People in electric wheelchairs can exercise.

Sorry about the foot. It does take a lot of energy to heal.
  • Shawneb66
    Options
    Weight loss is 90% diet and 10% exercise. You should be able to continue to lose weight by simply controlling your diet! Hope your foot heals quickly!!
  • teez52
    teez52 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh what you eat? If not, I'm guessing you're probably eating more than you think you are. You'd be surprised how small an actual serving is when you weigh it out...
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    You can still lose by staying within your calories even without exercising. I would get a food scale and measure everything out. Also, if you have goals set to 2lbs and you have a hard time sticking to that calorie goal, change your goal to 1.5 or 1lb a week. Your calorie goal will increase...maybe it'll give you a bit more to work with.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Aren't you the one who asked what exercises you could do with a bum foot? Did you DO any of the things so many people took the time to suggest?
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I broke my ankle in the spring, and still managed to lose. It was slow and frustrating, and not great losses, but it still happened. No you can't run, do lunges or anything of the sort, but you CAN weight train and do core exercises. That is when I started to get into it, and it has done more for me than running ever did. Keep tracking your food while you're at it. You can do it, and try not to get too upset. Your foot will heal, and you'll be back at it.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Track your food religiously.

I'm having my second foot surgery in a month, and will be off my feet for a few weeks...

Don't eat more than you need.
  • skinnybitchbarbie27
    Options
    Are you kidding me! Breaking my foot would be a blessing at this point, less opportunities to drag myself into my kitchen to ransack my fridge! Haha all joking aside I know it is really hard but just google exercises that you can do without your feet and like other before me have stated be sure to be a little more uptight about what you eat. Your eating before was likely due to high activity level and now you need to treat your diary like you are not burning any calories from exercise. You'll see it even out. Also, remember, if you are taking any medication (even pain pills) that can cause fluxes.

You'll be back on your feet before you know it!!

Be strong :)
  • ameliasnelling
    Options
    first sip- I have been doing those exercises, but I have been eating poorly, now that I think about it.

I'm going to get some real weights(not soup cans) and start bumping that up and being even more careful of what I eat. Thanks guys for the reminder. I didn't even think about resetting my settings to sedentary.